Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Boden Sale Hits & Misses thread.....

Got my first item, Cosmopolitan dress (in navy) and we'll it's going back. It had absolutely no shape for my somewhat boxy/curvy body and it was too short, not noticeably, I just thought it hit my knees in a weird spot; it should've either been shorter or a little longer. I totally thought the empire waist would work but this one didn't work for me. I guess I was expecting it to look the same as it does on the model, but that didn't happen

So what else is everyone keeping or sending back?

I am waiting three other shipments, one shipped last Friday from England, one shipped today, and the other one will ship from England, but no confirmation that it's been sent yet. It's all just two orders.
    ETA: here are some photos. DD1 took the one of me in the brown wrap dress. DH really liked this one, and I think I do too. I was pretty surprised because I wasn't sure on the color. The purple one is going back, the colors just didn't work for me, which is strange, but I thought it would.

I also think I am going to keep the Riveria dress, it fit very nicely. DH isn't sold on it, but really I like it so I think it's a keeper.

I retried on the Cosmopolitan dress and when I took it off I noticed there was a zipper so I think the dress might be too big which means the 10 might be a perfect fit or it will be too small. Kind of exciting if you ask me, so I will probably end up exchanging.

The pink pleated trim tank top worked fine too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-23-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Fun thread. I have yet to receive anything from my 3 orders. Anxiously awaiting...
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So far just got the lounge pants...

the second I put them on I jumped on to see if they were sold out...was going to order every color I could, LOL!

AWESOME!
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Bummer about the dress. I ordered that exact one. It got mixed reviews so I'm hoping it works for me.

Hope I get my order soon!
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ah, the lounge pants are sensational - you're so lucky to have gotten them on sale. They're never available in my size by eos. I order one pair at Boden preview each season and adore them. Even with the 20% discount I paid a whopping $37 for a pair of pjs ( fall 2011) and that hurt! But I can't wait for them to get here.

I'm waiting for 3 EOS orders (so far, still checking replens) and 1 fall preview order. Two EOS orders have shipped. I'll report back when they arrive, although one is for dd1.

Re the cosmopolitan dress, I was eyeing it in a navy in 4. Is it running big? What kind of body shape do you think it would suit? I'm small framed/no curves to speak of (other than a post partum pooch!) and many dresses either hang on me or hug the wrong places. I know what you mean about wanting to look like the model - good sales strategy!

Great thread, btw, esp since the other thread is now 18 pages long!

for Sandy Hook

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Citymama, I ordered the Cosmo dress in a size 4 based on the reviews. I'm 5'7". I'll take a pic of me in it (good or bad) when it comes and post. The reviews were so hit or miss. I'm kind of curveless too (no real waist).
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

I got in a couple of T shirts already and of course I am keeping those. Yesterday I got in the Everyday Jersey Dress in black and the Twist Jersey Top in Atlantic (I had originally ordered it in the purple and it got canceled for OOS, and has since come back in 2-3 times). I may pick up each of these again in different colors, but it is hard since I am 8.5 months pregnant. I know that I can't really wear the dresses for a long time because while they are functional for nursing, they are not so great for double pumping at work. Sigh. My Jersey wrap dress is coming from the UK, so I will let you know when that comes in.

I LOVE the notch neck top. I'm tall and fairly slim but sort of medium busty. It fits perfectly and is super flattering. It is not too low cut, which I love and it just looks fabulous, IMO. I could wear it to work or dress it down with shorts. I also really love the pinky red patent sandals with the strappy front and the cork heel. I've gotten lots of compliments while wearing them and they are pretty comfortable for heels.
    DD '06
    DD '14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Re the cosmopolitan dress, I was eyeing it in a navy in 4. Is it running big? What kind of body shape do you think it would suit? I'm small framed/no curves to speak of (other than a post partum pooch!) and many dresses either hang on me or hug the wrong places. I know what you mean about wanting to look like the model - good sales strategy!

Great thread, btw, esp since the other thread is now 18 pages long!
    I am tempted to take the dress to my sister and tell her to try it on, I am seeing her this weekend and she is looking at the Boden site too so I told her I'd bring my stuff if I get it for her to try even though it will all be too big and potentially too short. She is 24, 5'9" and about 150lbs, she is also flat chested, but I know that she could probably wear a 10 or maybe even an 8 in the dress and I just to see what it looks like on her.

I honestly order A LOT of stuff based how it looks on the model. Even though I am no where in model shape or size I just do. The Everyday Jersery Dress looks as nice on me as it does on the model and we have completely different heights, and I am probably 40 to 50lbs heavier.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Someone said that companies (not sure if Boden does this), pin and tuck clothing on models so it looks just right. I buy stuff based on how it looks on the model too, but just b/c it doesn't fit like that on you doesn't mean you don't have a model body!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast