lks is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Early Pregnancy Worries

I found out I'm pregnant on Tuesday! YAY! But everything is soooo different from my last time, I am having some concerns:
    4 days before my Positive test, I was spotting/bleeding for 2 days. I never filled a pad and really only had a little bit on the pantyliner but every time I wiped after going to bathroom, there was blood. I am NEVER early - my period is very regular. So, I thought this was super weird, since I was expecting my period to begin on Tuesday, 7/26. The spotting stopped by Monday morning, and on Tuesday, I took the test and it was POSITIVE. I took another later in the day and it was also positive. Then, I got a blood test on Thursday and it was positive too!

BUT---- The doc wants me to come back in Monday for more blood work to check my hormone levels - to make sure the levels are going up. I am really worried!!! I know there is nothing I can do, but I am having trouble getting too excited about this pregnancy for fear it's not okay and I will lose it.

Anyone had a similar experience??? Should I be worried that they want to test again on Monday?
    Mom to a little boy, Born November 2009 and
    Baby Girl due December 2012!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That is scary. But, I do know people who spotted early on and went on to have perfectly healthy babies. Just hang in there. Maybe they'll send you for an ultrasound.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

First, congratulations! I also had spotting in the beginning. They said mine was most likely implantation spotting. It was around the same time yours happened...few days before my period was due. I didn't have anything like this with DS1 so was extremely nervous but everything is going well so far!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsmom View Post
    First, congratulations! I also had spotting in the beginning. They said mine was most likely implantation spotting. It was around the same time yours happened...few days before my period was due. I didn't have anything like this with DS1 so was extremely nervous but everything is going well so far!

With my first, I also had a "period". But it was a lot lighter than I was used to - more like spotting just like you described. Lasted 2-3 days. I thought it was weird, but didn't think much of it. Found out a few days later that I was pregnant!!

All was well with that pregnancy and the baby. She is now a healthy vivacious 5 year old!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

(popping in from New Posts) I had a bit of spotting with the girls (more common with Twins!!!!) and since have heard a LOT of people have it. Since it was light and has stopped I think the odds are good that you are totally fine. So try to take it easy, not worry, and it's great that you will get your bloodwork done to put your mind at ease. I think it is just a precaution and I don't think you should be worried at this point. Good luck!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I spotted early in my first pregnancy. My Dr told me to come in and they did an ultrasound. I felt a lot better once I saw my cervix was closed and the baby's heartbeat. Also the fact that your doctor wants to do bloodwork is good, because if there is something wrong, sometimes there are supplements your Dr can prescribe for you.