Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kefir

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Kefir

MIL told me she has colleagues that rave about kefit for their acid reflux. I've just been diagnosed with that, and I bought some. How much should you drink a day?

Thanks.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sorry, I don't know about kefir helping acid reflux. But if it doesn't work for you, I've read that a small handful of raw almonds after meals will block acid reflux.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I dunno, but we've been drinking it. The last one we got from TJ's had fermented before the date stamp (like WAY before) and the one we just finished this morning must have. DD asked me, "Mom, was this drinkable yogurt supposed to be 'Strawberry SPICE?' or was it supposed to be just strawberry?" ugh.

Oh, I love it. I find it helps when my stomach doesn't feel quite right. I usually have a 6 - 8 oz glass. I also sometimes drink it with pills.
    -Kate

Mom to Sally & Leo - 2/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I dunno, but we've been drinking it. The last one we got from TJ's had fermented before the date stamp (like WAY before) and the one we just finished this morning must have. DD asked me, "Mom, was this drinkable yogurt supposed to be 'Strawberry SPICE?' or was it supposed to be just strawberry?" ugh.
    Thanks for the heads up. The one I have is fine. But I may make sure I finish it timely.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Sorry, I don't know about kefir helping acid reflux. But if it doesn't work for you, I've read that a small handful of raw almonds after meals will block acid reflux.
    I'll add that to my shopping list.

Thanks.

ummm, kefir is supposed to be fermented- thats what makes it kefir!! I've made my own before with grains, but when we moved, my kefir grains got spoiled- But, it's not kefir without that twang....
    Holly~Attached mama to Aiden, my happy Pirate & Lillian, my spirited Mermaid fairy
    Cancer survivor!!!! No Evidence of Disease, now and forever!!!

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We love Kefir around here. It does have that slightly sour taste though. It's not like drinkable yogurt, especially if you get it plain. It should/may even look a bit curdled. I buy the Lifeway brand usually. Plain for me and flavored for the kiddos. Not sure about its effects on acid reflux though. I hope it helps you!
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

my mom makes her own kefir... it is supposed to be tangy.

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So I've been having about 6-8 ozs of this every morning and it has made a huge difference in my heartburn and digestive health. And the taste has grown on me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast