Thread: !@#%

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default !@#%

DH is a contractor for the FAA. We've been surprisingly unaffected by all the government craziness, but I guess it's biting us in the a$$ now.

DH just got furloughed for all of next week. And even if everything gets resolved on Monday morning, apparently, furloughs have to be in week-long chunks so he still cannot go back to work until the following week.

Excellent start to the weekend.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Hopefully all these stupid politicians will stop playing roulette with peoples' livelihoods and finally agree to a plan soon!!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ugh. I am so sorry.

I am supposed to go to a conference next week and I have no idea what will happen or if I will get reimbursed if we shut down.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We're on pins and needles here. DH works for the fed govt. I start back to work next week. If he's going to be home I won't need to pay for childcare, but I had to set it up and can't cancel on the sitter at the last minute. Of course, we really don't need to spend extra money if DH isn't receiving a paycheck. All this to say, I understand your frustration!!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well that just sucks.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am so so sorry! P&PT!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    DH is a contractor for the FAA. We've been surprisingly unaffected by all the government craziness, but I guess it's biting us in the a$$ now.

DH just got furloughed for all of next week. And even if everything gets resolved on Monday morning, apparently, furloughs have to be in week-long chunks so he still cannot go back to work until the following week.

Excellent start to the weekend.
    Does he work at the NOAA complex in Silver Spring? I've been there twice in the last month. XH works for the FAA there. DH is a contractor for another govt agency. We're watching all of this with interest, too.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years