beltm is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Your favorite buggy board?

I've looked at the hitchhiker, lascal and baby jogger stroller boards and was just wondering what you ladies recommend? I have a Bjce and this will be for my 4 yo to ride on for the zoo and mall trips. I would think to get the BJ board since that's the stroller I have but didn't know if it is good or if another one is better and more compatible. I will use a Bjorn/ergo too zones can hop in for a ride as needed but inreally don't think I'll find a double that accommodates his height that isn't a beast to lift. For the couple times ammonth I'll need it I think a buggy board should suffice. Is thus a good option? I'd love to bear feedback from buggy board users. Ds is almost 3.5 and weighs 35lbs and they all seem to go to 44lbs, but I think that should at least get me through another 1-2 years, right? Dh thinks buying a double for a 4 yo seems silly. Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

my DC sit on the HH under the bjced. The BJ board was a slooooow one to come out, otherwise I would have waited to buy theirs. I think you could juggle the board/Ergo for a 3.5yo and only get a double if you walk a ton outside daily.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The hitch hiker is the best one IMO.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

beltm is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    my DC sit on the HH under the bjced. The BJ board was a slooooow one to come out, otherwise I would have waited to buy theirs. I think you could juggle the board/Ergo for a 3.5yo and only get a double if you walk a ton outside daily.
    DS will be 4 when the baby comes, and will be in preschool 2-3 days a week, so i think i can make that work for us and just wear the baby when he really needs to sit, but i think he will like the ride on board. Didn't know if i should get the Baby jogger one since i have the BJCE, but i've noticed lots of mamas on this board have the Hitchhiker, so sounds like that one would work just fine.

i've never tried the hitch hiker, but i havent been all that impressed with my lascal.. my 4 year old loves the concept of having a place to "ride" when she gets tired. she also loves to sit on it. But the "lock" mechanism that keep the board level keeps slipping making it slope. I've also lost a couple of the red plastic screws (you'd know what i was talking about if you have one) b/c they just simply unscrew themselves.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i had the lascal one and it was really heavy and lots of plastic and pieces...i've also had the bugaboo one and that one is FAB but only works with bugaboos- i too just ordered the bj glider board for my new select, saw someone the other day with a bjce and the bj glider and looked like a great set up! the baby jogger one is a GREAt price and looks much better than the other ones imo. go for the glider!
    ds- 4
    dd- 2 1/2

bob revol in navy/gray
    ingslesina swift in black on black in my car
    happy!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I got the HH for $45 on CL, and the glider board was surely going to be more $$. At this point, though, I'm going on pennies per use. I'm usually more for buying the one that was MADE for the stroller (and keeps warranty intact) but I didn't have that choice.