View Poll Results: Do you dress (as in buy a wardrobe for) your DH or SO?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 27.12%
  • Sometimes

31 26.27%
  • Hell No

52 44.07%
  • Other

3 2.54%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I love to shop, DH doesn't. There's no reason for him to shop, he likes what I pick out for him. He gets lots of compliments on "my" clothes. But on the rare occasion he shops for himself, he does a good job.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't try and change how he dresses. Do I ever buy him clothes? Sure. Usually casual clothes in the same style I know he wears (Levis 501s!, basic tees, sober v-neck sweaters, boxers). He never goes clothes shopping any more so if he needs new jeans or socks or underwear, I get it for him. I would not try to "dress" him, though!

for Sandy Hook

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would say about 75% of the clothes in DH's closet I purchased for him. The other 25% he had before we got married. He has NICE clothes
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I point out stuff that I like that I think he would also like but that is as far as it goes. He dresses fine although he is in a bit of a rut ("Oh, a blue polo shirt with stripes and khaki cargo shorts (or jeans), what a surprise"). But no, I don't shop for him unless I'm absolutely dead certain he will like it (Like I would feel pretty confident buying him blue polo shirts).
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have done almost all the shopping for him for 15 years but he puts together the pieces however he likes. Seeing how he wears jeans or shorts and a t-shirt every day, there's not a lot of styling required!

Beth

Totally. He truly does not care and would keep wearing the exact same thing for years and years. The amount I do has increased the longer we're married. I occasionally take him with me or bring home a couple of sizes for him to try on. But 90% of the time, I purchase and place in his closet the items. I even purge his closet as needed. Sadly, I think I've become my mother.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My DH dresses very casually. Thankfully, he wears scrubs provided at the hospital, so I don't have to worry about dressing him for work. I do not iron, so it's a good thing I didn't marry someone who has to wear a business attire to work. The only thing that bugs me is that his mom has always attempted to dress him for as long as I know and inevitably, whatever shirts she picks out for him, I always think that they look butt ugly. She tends to pick things based purely on name brand and usually it must be something on sale or clearance, bc she always picks some hideous color that I could NEVER imagine a, "normal" person picking. My mom has tried to buy my DH some clothing too that have been so awful, my DH and I just laugh at how ugly they are.

I occasionally buy my DH stuff if I find for a good deal and I think it's something he'll like. I know his style and what he likes, so he is fine with it. My biggest problem with his clothes is that he likes to wear things until they are literally ratty with holes, and I have a hard time getting him to get new stuff, b/c he likes his ratty stuff that has become super comfy. So, I tend to toss things out if they get too ratty, otherwise, or else he'll just hang onto it forever.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I stopped. In my particular case it was part of a broader "parenting" of my spouse issue that needed to stop. In addition, two woth jobs/two kids . . . some things need to be cut loose!

DH actually needs a personal shopper. He is awful. On one of the few things he had to do at work where he couldn't wear a white coat, one of his colleagues looked him up and down in horror and said, "But aren't you married? How could your wife let you leave like that!" DH works in a virtually all-male environment with lots of ribbing.
    Last edited by sste; 07-30-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

No, he's capable of doing that himself. I'm not his mother! However, if I see a good deal i will occasionally pick something up for him.
    SAHM to:

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmwbasye View Post
    The Army dresses DH. The little time he's in civvies he just doesn't care what he wears and neither do I.

Except that my DH worked in a part of the Army that rarely wears uniforms, but they all wear the same kind of thing. I so wish I could break him out of his wardrobe rut, but 20 years of Army is just too much. When we were in high school, I loved the way he dressed, but now, not so much.

Now XH was a completely different story. That man was incapable of buying anything even remotely attractive. To make things worse, his mother was always buying him awful looking clothes in a size too small. He felt obligated to wear them. It was an ongoing battle. I had to buy everything for him, but his mother still bought his underwear. Creepy, I must say.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast