Default Beco Gemini...I love it!

I just want to say that I LOVE my new Beco Gemini. I got it last night and used it three times today.

I have tried quite a few carriers (HotSling, Zolowear Ring Sling, Baby Bjorn, Beco Obi, and Ergo Sport) but this is by far my favorite.

It is very supportive--definitely carries the weight at my waist, not on my shoulders. The straps cross in the back for a front carry (unlike the Ergo which always feels like it is going to fall off unless I'm using it for a hip carry) so that makes it feel more secure for me.

It is easy to put on. I actually put the whole carrier on and then slide my four-month-old into it and tighten the straps. Works great so far and no worries about trying to hold him and work straps at the same time.

It can be used facing in or out, although I only had him facing me today.

Instead of a sleeping hood you just fold the fabric up and attach it with clips, which I found easier to use than the Ergo sleeping hood.

Overall I'm just thrilled. I did like the Bjorn for little babies, i.e. up to about three months but after that it's too hard on my back. I like the Ergo, but not until they are closer to 7-8 months old.

I couldn't ever figure out the slings, but thankfully those were hand-me-downs so I didn't spend the $$$ to learn that.

Just wanted to put in my shameless plug for this outstanding carrier in case someone else is wondering about it!!

I have two boys, 26 months apart. I need to wear my four-month-old while my 2.5 year old rides in the cart at the grocery store, Target, etc. I also need to wear him places where the stroller isn't practical like the bookstore, museum, etc.

Also, FWIW, I got mine from www.frogmama.com. She has a trade-in program where I was able to send her a couple of carriers that didn't work for me anymore and get a credit for them. So, if you are like me and have amassed a collection of things that don't work for you and you don't want to mess with Craigslist, that is a great option.

Let me know if you have any questions, but so far I am very happy!

Yay! I adore my Gemini, too.

The only thing I don't like is that the black fabric seems to attract white lint, especially from my A&A bamboo blankets.

But I love this carrier, too -- it's awesome!