♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thumbs down online ordering from Kohl's

i'm shocked how crappy and non-user friendly it is. i've spent about half an hour trying to purchase some gifts from a wedding registry at kohls.com. it seems like no matter what items i order, i get all the way to the very,very end (after entering CC info, coupon codes, etc and clicking "submit order", it gives me an error and tells me "Sorry but SKU #1234567 is no longer available. To continue, you must remove this item from your order...". it says this for every single item i try to purchase.

WTF? i've tried like five different times, ten different things from the registry, and each time, it tells me that every single item in my order is not available. and these items are not marked "Limited Availability" item or anything like that.

Could the site just be down for the day, or is ordering from kohls normally this bad? if said items really are unavailable, m surprised it still shows up as available online, or at the very least when i got to the end it just didn't automatically remove those items from my cart, instead of asking me to remove them myself to continue. So frustrating.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

yes, kohls can be really annoying. I have never ordered registry items, though. I would call cs and place the order over the phone.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow. I've ordered from Kohl's several times in the past & never had an issue like that. Sorry, hon.

That said, I DO remember getting an email yesterday saying that they were going off line at midnight CST for upgrades, so maybe it was already acting up earlier?
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

hm, interesting about the upgrade thing..

i googled and it seemed like this is a problem with the registries on kohls..i guess maybe people's registries were saying an item was still in stock but in reality it was not available. so people were having lots of trouble with guests not being able to purchase items off registry. also, stuff seems to go in and out of stock pretty quickly at kohls more than at other places.

anyway, i gave up and just ordered something off Target registry, even though i had a coupon code for kohl's. too much hassle!

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I ordered something for someone's registry from there about 3ish months ago and had no problems. Plus I place regular orders from there like every other month or so. Never had any problems like the ones you had, but like a PP said they were doing maintenance on the site recently so I wonder if they were just having technical difficulties. Sorry nonetheless. I hate it when site checkouts either dump my cart contents or give me errors!
    Jen