Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What is your 1 year old's sleep/nap schedule?

Wondering what is normal for this age.. I can't seem to remember with my older kids when they dropped their morning nap.

My baby is 14 months old. She wakes up around 8:30 or 9am, takes first nap from 11 to 1, then takes second nap around 4 or 4:30, sleeps 1 to 1/2 hours.

She goes to bed around 9, sometimes 9:30 pm and sleeps the whole night through.

What's normal for this age? Thanks!

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Wondering what is normal for this age.. I can't seem to remember with my older kids when they dropped their morning nap.

My baby is 14 months old. She wakes up around 8:30 or 9am, takes first nap from 11 to 1, then takes second nap around 4 or 4:30, sleeps 1 to 1/2 hours.

She goes to bed around 9, sometimes 9:30 pm and sleeps the whole night through.

What's normal for this age? Thanks!
    Most things I've read say that two naps a day until around 18 months is good (if that works for your child, of course).

My DD is 16 months old now but has been on the same nap schedule for a while. She wakes up at around 6 - 6:30 and then naps at 9:00 and 2:00. Each nap is between 1-2 hours depending on the day. She goes to bed by 6pm each evening and sleeps until the next morning. I was afraid she was sleeping too much but the pediatrician was happy that she was getting so much sleep so we're just going with the flow.

Forgot to mention that she is in daycare part time and when she's there she only takes 1 nap.
    DD Spring 2010

Sleep?
    HAhahahahahahaha!
    Sleep SCHEDULE?!
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA AAA(sob)

Stevie is a PITA. He used to STTN. NO MORE.
    Take last night/today for instance.
    Down at 8:30.
    Up at 11 (just as I'm heading upstairs to bed myself. ARGH.)
    Down at 11:45.
    Up at 1:30.
    Down at 2:15.
    Up at 4.
    Down at 4:30.
    Up. For. The. Day. at 6:45.
    Didn't go down for his nap until *2pm*.
    Up at 3:50.
    I want to give him a tranquilizer dart. Both the fast acting and the slow release. I'm just so tired all the time. He turns one next week. And the whole sleep schedule thing just keeps getting worse with me home over the summer, I feel.
    Sigh.
    I'll be watching this thread.
    And drinking a lot of coffee.
    Alternated by wine.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Most things I've read say that two naps a day until around 18 months is good (if that works for your child, of course).

My DD is 16 months old now but has been on the same nap schedule for a while. She wakes up at around 6 - 6:30 and then naps at 9:00 and 2:00. Each nap is between 1-2 hours depending on the day. She goes to bed by 6pm each evening and sleeps until the next morning. I was afraid she was sleeping too much but the pediatrician was happy that she was getting so much sleep so we're just going with the flow.

Forgot to mention that she is in daycare part time and when she's there she only takes 1 nap.
    Interesting. So our kiddos are on about the same schedule (sleeping about 12 hours at night with two naps), your baby starts her day earlier. I hate that my baby goes to bed so late... I worry there is something wrong with this. Everyone I know puts their baby to bed so early, but she also sleeps in most mornings until 9. It's nice because I can exercise before she gets up. What stinks is at night my husband and I want to get the kids to bed and relax but this little stinker is going strong until 9 ish!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott View Post
    Sleep?
    HAhahahahahahaha!
    Sleep SCHEDULE?!
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA AAA(sob)

Stevie is a PITA. He used to STTN. NO MORE.
    Take last night/today for instance.
    Down at 8:30.
    Up at 11 (just as I'm heading upstairs to bed myself. ARGH.)
    Down at 11:45.
    Up at 1:30.
    Down at 2:15.
    Up at 4.
    Down at 4:30.
    Up. For. The. Day. at 6:45.
    Didn't go down for his nap until *2pm*.
    Up at 3:50.
    I want to give him a tranquilizer dart. Both the fast acting and the slow release. I'm just so tired all the time. He turns one next week. And the whole sleep schedule thing just keeps getting worse with me home over the summer, I feel.
    Sigh.
    I'll be watching this thread.
    And drinking a lot of coffee.
    Alternated by wine.
    Oh no... Is he teething? If it makes you feel any better, she just became a really good sleeper/napper recently - just after she turned one. She had been getting up a few times a night, and putting her down for a nap was hard, she would scream and fight it. Now she goes down super easy, hopefully your little guy will figure it out.

He is teething. And nothing seems to help. Not the tylenol, not the ibuprofin. Not the orajel. Nor the homeopathic drops that everyone seems to swear by.
    Sigh.
    Good to know that it could get better...
    The alternative will have me buying large shares of stock in Tanqueray.
    Liz

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mine goes to bed at 8pmish, sometimes 8:30pm. Sleeps through the night (and has since she was 7 weeks old!), up between 7:30-8:30am for the day.

Naps depend on what we are doing. If we are around the house, she likes to nap usually around 11-1ish. If we are out and about, she usually naps on the go, but if she stays awake - she will nap when we get home.

She dropped her second nap of the day several months ago. She's 17 months old now.

At 14 months, DD went to one nap per daycare policy/schedule.

Awake around 6:30 am, nap from 11:45 am - 1:45 pm, bed sometime between 7:45 pm - 8:30 pm but she still wasn't sleeping through the night (unless she was in with us).
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott View Post
    He is teething. And nothing seems to help. Not the tylenol, not the ibuprofin. Not the orajel. Nor the homeopathic drops that everyone seems to swear by.
    Sigh.
    Good to know that it could get better...
    The alternative will have me buying large shares of stock in Tanqueray.
    Girl, I am right there with ya. Right. There. I thought I was the only one.

I'm ready to run away to the Hampton Inn JUST to get a night of sleep (seriously, I don't even care to go to anything nicer, plus I happen to like Hampton Inns TYVM, lol).

(PS what are these magic drops you speak of?)

I'll be back to see your answer in a few......gotta refill the glass

Quote Originally Posted by BabyH View Post
    Girl, I am right there with ya. Right. There. I thought I was the only one.

I'm ready to run away to the Hampton Inn JUST to get a night of sleep (seriously, I don't even care to go to anything nicer, plus I happen to like Hampton Inns TYVM, lol).

(PS what are these magic drops you speak of?)

I'll be back to see your answer in a few......gotta refill the glass
    The "magic drops" are the Camilia drops. The ones I got I found at Whole Foods. Two of my friends had GREAT success with these and their kids teething. Apparently, Stevie is immune to the magic of the drops.
    Grrrrrrr.....
    Liz

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Interesting. So our kiddos are on about the same schedule (sleeping about 12 hours at night with two naps), your baby starts her day earlier. I hate that my baby goes to bed so late... I worry there is something wrong with this. Everyone I know puts their baby to bed so early, but she also sleeps in most mornings until 9. It's nice because I can exercise before she gets up. What stinks is at night my husband and I want to get the kids to bed and relax but this little stinker is going strong until 9 ish!
    Yep, the schedule looks the same... I wouldn't worry about the 9pm bedtime especially since she's getting such a long stretch in a row which I think is whats most important. Are you a SAHM full-time? I work part-time so since she has to get up early on certain days we just keep the same wake-up schedule all week and that seems to work for her. If I was home all week I'd definitely go for a later bedtime/wakeup. Although, I'm wondering how you keep your house quiet enough to not wake her up in the mornings... My loud DH getting ready for work and my dogs tearing down the stairs would definitely wake her up.
    DD Spring 2010

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast