Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Our AG Boston trip!

I figured I'd post about it here instead of the Target clearance thread .

We made it to the Natick mall about 1pm. We drove around the entire mall looking for the store and when we did find it, DD saw it and said "is that the American doll store?" and asked if we could go. DH dropped us off at the door and as we walked up, she asked if we were going in and if we could maybe buy something. I told her we were there to buy her a doll. She did a double arm pump and yelled "yes!". Clearly, she was excited.

First doll she saw was Kanani and she wanted that, which I expected. I convinced her that we had lots of time and we should look around before picking things out. We wandered around and went upstairs and looked at the My American Girl dolls. She ended up picking out doll #38, which has reddish hair, hazel eyes, and freckles. DD has dark blond hair, blue eyes, and freckles. She liked the freckles and that the hair was long and straight with bangs. I asked her about Kanani and she was sure about what she picked. I was glad because Kanani's hair is really long!

Then I said she could pick out an outfit or accessory. Oh my, what a hard decision that ended up being! We looked at everything! She would buy every accessory there was in the store. She really wants things like the table/chairs, Julie's bike, the violin, the horse coral, school backpack, etc. We ended up with the hair accessory kit that comes with the perm rods, a cowboy hat, and sparkly shoes. Quite the mix . She had no interest in any of the outfits.

She wanted to get the doll's ears pierced, but we ended up not doing that. She had no interest in the hair salon or the restaurant.

We were there about 1.5 hours total and it was nice. The store was not crowded at all. We actually had to find someone to ring us up because there wasn't anyone at the registers and overall so few people in the store.

Now, she is circling things in the catalog and they're all the most expensive things . She does still want Kanani and she also liked Julie.

I'm really glad we did this. The hair is nice. She's put it in pony tails, braided it, did a flip pony tail, etc. DD wanting to be able to style her dolls hair was a big motivator in the decision to buy her this doll. DD tends to wear hair ties on her wrist so she's ready to do her hair at any time. Her doll, which is named Rosella, is sporting hair ties too .

The boys went to Glow Golf and had a good time with that. It worked out really well. I'm sure next year when we are out there, we'll go to the store and she can pick out something again.

Now, I need to figure out if getting her another doll for Christmas is a good idea or if I should just stick to the accessories.

ETA: The water spritzer in the hair kit didn't work. Very frustrating. I called today and the CS person thought maybe it wasn't supposed to work . But, after explaining the directions say to use it to spray water on the hair, they are sending me another bottle.
    Last edited by KrisM; 08-01-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Kris