Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Of course I want these FRYE's, but I don't want to spend $300+

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...scid=707894032

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...scid=707890012

What do you think of these Franco Sarto's? Decent compromise?

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...scid=493954002
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Starting last Fall, I'm starting to build up my boot collection. My old ones were too young looking for me and starting to not fit anymore since my feet grew slightly after DS.

I saw these at Nordies and the same day saw a salesgirl wear them with grey tights and a floral dress. I fell in love and waited for them to go on sale and snagged them up in a hurry. I got them towards the end of the season and only wore them once so far. They are really comfy and the calf is a lot looser than my other Miz Mooz boots. Grey Miz Mooz Shelley Knee Highs: http://www.amazon.com/Miz-Mooz-Women...412757&sr=8-14

I got these in Cognac last year. I get tons of compliments everytime I wear them. I was on amazon searching for the Shelley style but happened to see this one and it was super on sale. These are very fitted around my calf and pretty comfy as well. Miz Mooz Chacon in Cognac (the one pictured is brown): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023RRDMG

I got these black riding boots. So comfy and cute! My SIL saw them on me and immediately ordered a pair for herself. I was walking around the mall once and I think 3 separate people asked me about them. MIA Bridgeport Riding Boot: http://www.endless.com/MIA-Womens-Br...ords=mia+boots

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    And I need to get some skinny jeans and leggings so I can wear my boots over my pants because it just looks better that way (you rock that look, arivecchi!). The last time I wore leggings was when they were popular in the 80's and they had elastic waists, tapered legs and stirrups so I am in dire need of fashion help. Where should I look for skinny jeans and leggings (any particular stores/brands?), and what things should I look for when buying them?
    I think you would look totally cute in some leggings or skinny jeans!!

I just started getting into the leggings last year as I had lost some weight due to breastfeeding. I got some cheap ones from Kohls (from their Vera Wang brand). I wish they had the jeggings in my size as I really wanted to try those. I got a pair of skinny jeans, but really prefer the look of jeggings/leggins with my tall boots. On me, it's a much smoother look, as the jeans tend to wrinkle a bit around my knees.

I also bought some leggings from Banana Republic and Ann Taylor Loft. The Loft ones started to pill around the inner thighs. Banana Republic and Kohls ones have held up well.

If you want to wear ankle boots with your leggings, I heard that the leggings with stirrups on them are better so you don't have to constantly adjust and tuck the leggings back into your boots.

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I will delete these shortly too:
    I NEED the brown boots in that last photo. Details, please?!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    I NEED the brown boots in that last photo. Details, please?!
    Ugg Jillian in chocolate brown - LOVE them!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by scriptkitten View Post
    A, omg I want those riding boots!!!!!!!! Who makes those???
    The two-tone ones? Salvatore Ferragamo

Best. Boot. Purchase. Ever!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    I clearly have a lot of work to do on my wardrobe! I just went through my closet and I have zero scarves and zero belts (I used to have one, but had to donate it because it won't fit around my waist anymore ) And I need to get some skinny jeans and leggings so I can wear my boots over my pants because it just looks better that way (you rock that look, arivecchi!). The last time I wore leggings was when they were popular in the 80's and they had elastic waists, tapered legs and stirrups so I am in dire need of fashion help. Where should I look for skinny jeans and leggings (any particular stores/brands?), and what things should I look for when buying them?
    Goldenpig, wish we could go shopping together! It would be so fun.

The jeans are Citizen of Humanity Ava jeans which elektra recommended. Love those jeans! Pricey but oh so worth it!

I love my Hue leggings. They look nice, are comfy, thick enough for fall/winter and not that pricey. You can buy them at nordstroms and amazon.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a lot of boots. These are my most-worn, love them: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/aquatali...F-002219319097

Goldenpig - my favorite leggings are by Theory. They are so comfy and not totally skin-tight which I think looks so much more flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    The two-tone ones? Salvatore Ferragamo

Best. Boot. Purchase. Ever!
    yes. agreed.

I'd like to play too

Goldenpig, I love those burgundy Aquatalia boots - gorgeous!

Here are some of my fave non-winter boots:

Franco Sarto, Jackpot, Brown's, Coach, Nine West, Nine West

Nine West, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, & so old the writing's worn off!

I don't wear the purple Nine West ones with the tops cuffed like that. But I just thought I'd share that the most fab part of them is hidden - the lime green satin lining!
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast