Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by LexyLou View Post
    I just bought these in black at Nordstrom today.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/enzo-ang...E-001517B1882A

Much cheaper than the Frye boots I'm coveting. I'm hoping this will cure my black riding boot desire.

Only $150 and I had a $20 Nordstrom Note.
    Very nice! Glad you found something!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LexyLou View Post
    I just bought these in black at Nordstrom today.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/enzo-angiolini-saylem-riding-boot/3098009?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=enzo_angiolini_'say lem'_riding_boot:300526&cm_pla=shoes:women:boots&c m_ven=Froogle&mr:referralID=NA&mr:trackingCode=BA9 9451F-7347-E011-B08E-001517B1882A

Much cheaper than the Frye boots I'm coveting. I'm hoping this will cure my black riding boot desire.

Only $150 and I had a $20 Nordstrom Note.
    Nice boots LexyLou! Glad you found something you loved. Those look awesome! Post some pics of you with your new boots!

By the way, did you guys know about calf fit? Because I had no idea that boots had to fit the calf as well as the feet. After I read this You Look Fab article about calf fit, I ended up getting a different pair of chocolate brown boots because the riding boots I bought at Nordstrom were too big in the calf and too tall for me. Zappos has this search feature where you can filter their boots based on calf circumference and boot height, so I got these La Canadienne Galaxy boots instead:

My calf circumference is 13.5 inches and I was told to look for 14 inch boot shaft for my height. And according to that article, boots should be no more than 1/4 inch larger than my calf.
    Here, have a look at the difference:
    Old boots:
    Via Spiga Kacey: 14.5 inch circumference, 16 inch shaft height

New boots:
    La Canadienne Galaxy: 13.5 inch circumference, 13 inch shaft height
    Last edited by goldenpig; 08-22-2011 at 01:24 AM.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Love the Galaxy boots on you GP! Yeah, I'm a member of the YLF as well, and the ill-fitting boots advice made so much sense to me! Not helping that I have scrawny 12.5" calves and can't afford the high end boots that are usually on a more narrow side. I did manage to find a pair of beautiful cognac boots by miz mooz - those:
    http://www.dnafootwear.com/product.a...&pfid=DNA05475
    that are perfectly fitted over leggings and thin skinny jeans and can't wait till this fall to wear them again. Ordered a pair of burgundy boots (Miz Mooz too) and I hope they'll fit as well as the Kings. If not, I have another pair to try - and my winter boot arsenal will consist of brown, black and burgundy flat riding boots
    My miracle girl 04.09.2009

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Blondflava, love the Miz Mooz boots! Post a pic of you in the boots! If you're 12.5 inches, how do they fit you (since the specs say they're 14 inches)--do they gap?

The long Aquatalia boots are a bit too big/tall for me as well, but so far I'm leaning towards keeping them because I like the color so much and they're shiny rain boots so maybe I can get away with a looser fit. Actually, the Galaxy boots above are also supposed to be waterproof, even though they're suede!
    Aquatalia Vavoom: 13.75 inch circumference, 16 inch shaft height

(PS Sorry about the baggy jeans, I desperately need to get a pair of skinnies for tucking!)
    Last edited by goldenpig; 08-22-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

That's interesting about the boot height and calf size.

The Franco Sarto's I just bought are pretty high, right below the knee. Luckily I have long legs (34") and huge calves from working out and dancing.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

GP: here is my old picture I dug out at the YLF website .
    http://youlookfab.com/welookfab/topic/thanks-maya
    Gotta tell you, the shiny red (wine?) boots are yummy and because the're rainboots, they look OK wider to my eye. Beautiful!
    My miracle girl 04.09.2009

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7