View Poll Results: Do you like Land's End swimsuits?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Love em!

47 52.22%
  • Sure. They are a satisfactory alternative but not my fave.

18 20.00%
  • Not sure. Have never had one or like some styles but not others.

10 11.11%
  • No siree!

15 16.67%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another fan here... I've never found any other suits that give me the boob support I need!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am a no. I have decided I just feel much more comfortable in skimpier bikinis. Sounds crazy I know!
    I tried a LE suit. I wanted to give it a shot even though I thought it was "mommish". I really could not pull it off without looking like a 60-year old.
    I was 6 weeks post partum on a two-week trip to Hawaii and I thought I needed the support for both tummy and boobs. But it was so restricting and I felt and looked so old. It was really well made though, and when I turn 60 I will check them out again possibly.
    I ended up wearing my Athleta bikini on that trip even though I was hanging out all over the place.
    It's true though that options are limited for larger breasted women, and places like LE with the bra-type sizing is one of the few choices out there. Luckily for me I am only in the ginormous boob category when pregnant/nursing.
    DD
    DS

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like their swim minis, but otherwise, I've never found a top there I liked. I was surprised to see how many PPs said they like LE because of the support. I've never found a top that I can fit my boobs in I also think they're a bit too "old" for me (I'm 27).
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Nope. Too matronly.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let me show you what I'm working with. Everything But Water is a pretty good place for suits, big selection. Here's one of their DD bikinis:

Sigh. That's worse than LE I think. They did have one bikini that's cute in DD, but I can tell by looking at it there's no way it would support me.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have historically been a huge fan of Anne Cole swimsuits. For the past 2 years, I've gotten LE halters plus mini swim mini (shorter one) so that's the only style I've kept.

the halter/swim mini has been FABULOUS for the not-quite swimming, but in/out of the water with toddlers, at water parks, backyard water days, etc. It covers the rear jigglies out of the water, but if I'm really, really swimming, I can't stand it.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The only LE swimwear I own so far is their rashguard (love it!). I haven't tried their swimwear yet, but I agree with the others. For those of us who have big boobs, nice stuff like athleta is pretty much out of the question. Also, I think the appeal of LE is that things are separate. For example, whenever I have tried a one piece, the top fits, but the bottom part is saggy, b/c I am disproportioned. So, I can see why LE is popular for the mom crowd. Plus, I also feel that the ability to return to a B&M sears store makes it attractive too.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    It's sooo hard finding suits for bigger boobs. I know they aren't the cutest, and pre-kids (read: nursing. Twins.) I would not have considered them.
    except I don't have twins. Other than LE, I have not been able to find suits at reasonable cost that will fit my boobs (DD-E/F depending on the fit, but only 32 band size). And I'm not really happy with the way my belly looks these days, but I'm long-waisted. The LE tankini tops fit me very well. So while I agree that the LE suits look "mom-ish", I have to face the fact that I AM an almost 40-year-old mom with 2 gorgeous boys so I don't expect myself to have the body I had in my 20's. I always tell myself, I may not be the hottest woman at the beach/ pool, but I'm far from the least hot, too. So I wear my LE "mom-suit" with confidence.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Are they mom-ish? yes. Am I a mom? yes. I do love them in the sense that I have not been able to find any other suitable suits!

I have a LE swim dress that I believe is discontinued. Bought about 5 of 'em while they were on clearance a few years ago. I do get compliments on them. While I am not overweight, I definitely need a skirt bottom for my sagging behind. And while I am a D cup, the girls are pretty deflated and so I need a molded cup to give 'em shape.

The way I look at it, I am doing the public a favor by wearing my LE swim dress and covering up. And I'm not having to pull and tuck to make sure the suit is where it's supposed to be.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

I am a yes. I have two from Lands End. One is a tankini with a skirted bottom and one is a one piece with a skirted bottom. The tankini sometimes rides up which is annoying, but I like the boob support in both suits. I also like the skirted bottoms because they cover up some of my less lovely areas (When my mom had her first ultrasound with me, the tech said "Wow! She has some big thighs"...nothing has changed since the womb). I know they aren't the most youthful looking bathing suits on the market, but frankly I do not have the body of a tweenager these days either. I also like that there is enough coverage on my top so that I don't feel too sexy for the baby pool. Also, I think they are flattering and they hold up very well to chlorine.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast