View Poll Results: Do you like Land's End swimsuits?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Love em!

47 52.22%
  • Sure. They are a satisfactory alternative but not my fave.

18 20.00%
  • Not sure. Have never had one or like some styles but not others.

10 11.11%
  • No siree!

15 16.67%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

No. I don't like to wear anything "marketed at moms". I'd be more likely to buy something from Delias Plus, I have a flat chest so none of their stuff would work for me.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I cannot believe there are not many options for larger breasted women! What a bummer.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Love them! Especially the $1 pieces I can get at the local Sears outlet. Seriously, you can't beat that! I don't have a great body, so I don't really care how I look in them. NO bathing suit will make me look good at the beach.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a bunch from both LE and LE Canvas. They all show waaaay to much cleave. I prefer Athleta.

I like them since you can mix and match tops and bottoms. I like their tankinis and never even thought of them being mommish. I kind of think they are sporty looking. I have regular bikini bottom with a halter tankini top. I feel they are appropriate for my age. I am not 20 anymore and I don't think I should dress like one (but that is me). There is nothing worse than going to the beach and seeing someone in a bikini who is too old for it or doesn't have a bikini body! I could pull of a bikini but don't feel comfortable when I am running around with my kid and playing in the sand...I guess call me a mom!

I guess I do not understand why being over 30 or 40 equals LE suit? There are so many cute suits out there.

DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

So funny how people's tastes differ. To me all the ones with the ruffles are mommish!! Funny how we interpret what is mommish! I can totally see my mom wearing those ruffle suits.

I did get several suits from Victoria's Secret this year. It was nice that you can mix and match tops and bottoms but the quality is definitely cheaper than LE and they probably cost a bit more. I also like the bra support in the VS suits. I am small chested and it pulled the girls together to give me cleavage which I never have!

A, I think you're underestimating how much larger on top the more endowed among us are. I've tried on so many suits that fit great until you get to the chest, and then either they're just way too tight, or I'm popping out. I need a bigger size on top than bottom. And support. Even pre kids I never had the same selection as Cs and smaller, but now it's just pathetic.

ETA: VS bras/bikinis are totally mis-labeled. Their DDs are really Cs I swear!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So funny how people's tastes differ. To me all the ones with the ruffles are mommish!! Funny how we interpret what is mommish! I can totally see my mom wearing those ruffle suits.
    I agree. I think many LE suits are cuter than some of those. I personally prefer a REI/sporty/outdoorsy look. And the ones without straps would just fall right off my D cups.

I am actually in Miami right now for a conference and have had the opportunity to see a lot of swim wear this week. And I have to say that it just takes all kinds and perhaps I should wear a bikini based on some of the things I have observed here!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast