View Poll Results: Do you like Land's End swimsuits?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Love em!

47 52.22%
  • Sure. They are a satisfactory alternative but not my fave.

18 20.00%
  • Not sure. Have never had one or like some styles but not others.

10 11.11%
  • No siree!

15 16.67%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

From my reading of this thread, mom suits are ones that people think are ugly or that they are embarassed to wear. It also sounds like grandma ones are even worse. The terms "mom" and "grandma" in this thread are definitely used in a negative sense.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Completely agree! I think it's awesome when I see someone in a skimpy bikini on a beach. When I was in Hawaii, there was a mom there with a very flabby tummy, yet she still was strutting her stuff, and had tiny bottoms on. I thought she looked gorgeous. She owned it.

I do think this must be regional- something I never would have picked up on until reading about it on the board, as I have only been to beaches and pools in Florida, California, Hawaii, and a few other places here and there where I probably wasn't paying much attention. Bikinis all the way around- fit, fat, skinny, flabby, whatever.
    Yes everyone wears bikinis here in So Cal! Except me because I am way too self conscious about my large boobs...case in point I was wearing one of my non lands ends suits without extra boob support and was swimming with my 13yo son in the ocean Tuesday. I came up from under a wave and heard him say uh mom, you may want to pull up your top...yes I had totally fallen out. Very embarrassing. Today I wore my LE tankini with underwire and was quite secure and contained.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The other day I saw a very pregnant woman wearing a bikini, and she exuded such confidence that you couldn't help but love it. I thought she looked beautifu.

I will never be that woman, however
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Ok, I have to ask. What exactly is a "mom" bathing suit? I have seen this term used in this thread many times.
    To me, a "mom suit" has one or more of the following attributes:
    Super low cut at the hips on a suit that isn't trying for a retro vibe
    Noticeable shaping/girdle attributes at the midsection.
    A high rise at the waist on a suit that is not trying for a retro vintage vibe.
    Skirts that seem designed to hide things as opposed to being flirty
    Thick material
    Really full coverage on the top that doesn't read as sporty, retro or playful

No judgements here.... These are just my thoughts. Mom suits have lots of benefits... They stay in place while you play and they support bewbs!!! I also believe mom suits can be super adorable. I really wanted a spanx suit this season but I couldn't find one to fit right.

I have tried so many times to buy a LE suit and I've returned every single one I've ordered. I mean we've been doing this for years now, it's amazing they still let me order

But I do have to RAVE about the CS. I was packaging up the most recent failure to return and realized that I had a suit I had not returned but never worn or washed/still had the sanitary slip on it from a year ago. Now usually I would be too embarrassed to do anything about it, but I guess after childbirth you lose all shame and so I took that suit as well (didn't have a packing slip but had an email copy of the order) with the new one to Sears and they refunded me for both, no questions asked!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9