Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was also going to suggest the California coast. It will be very cool.

Or what about Maine or Vermont?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    Or does anyone have experience or info on Pensicola, Seaside, or Perdid Key?
    Destin, Pensacola, Seaside & Perdido Key would all be excellent places. The're all pretty close to each other & have the most gorgeous snow white sand beaches.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I love Aspen, Snowmass, etc in the summer. It's just SO pretty and so nice there. We lived in Snowmass for the summer when I was 10. Glorious time. Oh, and I spent my 30th birthday there in July - 11 years ago, lol. I know Dallas to Denver is a popular flight option.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine873 View Post
    Destin, Pensacola, Seaside & Perdido Key would all be excellent places. The're all pretty close to each other & have the most gorgeous snow white sand beaches.
    We like these destinations because DH wants the beach and they are drivable - about 9-10 hours from us.

Are there things to do around this area besides the beach? I mean the beach is the main draw, but I don't want it necessarily to be the ONLY draw! Good family activities or stuff for yound children?

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    He just sent me an email asking about Destin, FL. We have Hilton Honors points we can use. Anyone been to Destin? I know it's a hot spot.

My cousin and her family (kids 13,11,5) LOVE Destin!! They went for the first time 4 years ago and stayed at the Hilton since her DH has tons of HH points from work travel. They loved it so much they now rent a house right on the beach with another family for a week each August. They'll be there the week of the 15th this year.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

cindys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We LOVE Destin.....We have gone every year since my 5yr old was born....This year though we went to Panama City Beach, FL and it was awesome...

There are tons of things to do other than the beach, but we love the beach and the pool...We do try to go putt putt golfing while we are there, thats always fun...

Cindy
    Mama to 3 boys...20, 5 & 2

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

San Diego. You can hit Sea World without the Texas heat! Legoland, the SD Zoo, beaches... lots of fun stuff to do in SD.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

To escape the heat, maybe Colorado or the Black Hills of South Dakota?

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are also in the TX heat and have 2 5yos. We almost did CO for our August vacation, but switched to southern california. Flights to Denver were cheap when we looked.

We have been to SanDestin before. It was gorgeous and we had a great time, but it will be HOT!
    Last edited by fivi2; 08-04-2011 at 09:30 PM.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How about the Olympic Peninsula up near Seattle? It is one of my favorite parts of the US. We flew into Seattle and drove up. Beautiful scenery and lots of stuff to do with the kids.
    http://www.olympicpeninsula.org/

Another suggestion is the Adirondacks in NY. Lots of cabins to rent on lakes etc. Very relaxing and great for kids.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast