Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If I were you, I'd definitely want to escape the heat. We have had an abnormally scorching summer here in the Midwest, so instead of taking family vacations to the south, we've decided to go north. Have you looked into the Northern Midwest? There is a lot of camping in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. We just went to Chicago a few weeks ago, and the breeze from the lake was a welcomed relief from the heat. There is so much to see that we always know what to do in Chicago when we're there.
    Last edited by AmeMamma; 08-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.

kmkaull is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We just got back from a family trip with our Houston relatives. We spent a week in Colorado (Vail & Beaver Creek) It was fantastic--cool mornings and evenings. The Texas folks were giddy.

Personally, I would not travel to Mexico any time soon.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

my vote is also for CO we are headed to Frisco that week...i can't wait! but we love the mountains in the summer...the lake, the trails, biking and mountain slides and all...the kids love it too. we always stay in a condo, so we have the full kitchen and bedrooms which help keep littles rested (ie...not so cranky!).

enjoy the vaca

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh View Post
    Another suggestion is the Adirondacks in NY. Lots of cabins to rent on lakes etc. Very relaxing and great for kids.
    This is my neck of the woods! Fly into Albany, NY or Burlington, VT and hide in the mountains! Lake Placid is an awesome little village and with the Olympic history there are tons of things to do.

I'd also say, fly into Boston and head out to Nantucket or the Cape.
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kmkaull View Post
    We just got back from a family trip with our Houston relatives. We spent a week in Colorado (Vail & Beaver Creek) It was fantastic--cool mornings and evenings. The Texas folks were giddy.

Personally, I would not travel to Mexico any time soon.
    DH is going to CO for a week for work soon. We may fly up to meet him once it's over. I have told him if he EVER gets a job offer in CO, to take it!! He doesn't even have to discuss it with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    San Diego. You can hit Sea World without the Texas heat! Legoland, the SD Zoo, beaches... lots of fun stuff to do in SD.
    Yes, indeed!!!! It's 70 here today with lots of sunshine and a cool breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyrMommy View Post
    This is my neck of the woods! Fly into Albany, NY or Burlington, VT and hide in the mountains! Lake Placid is an awesome little village and with the Olympic history there are tons of things to do.

I'd also say, fly into Boston and head out to Nantucket or the Cape.
    And soooooooo beautiful! I LOVE upstate NY.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

wrong thread!

for Sandy Hook

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If we went to CO (which I would LOVE to do), do we drive or fly? If we flew, are there places that rent bikes and helmets? Where do you stay? I haven't been to CO since I was a little kid. But we always had a blast when we went.

Just not sure whereto start looking for a place to stay on short notice.

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Vail. Fly to Denver.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g3...do-Hotels.html

Or better yet, come to Park City, UT. UT is very nice right now. The wildflowers are out in the mountains, and it's all very child-friendly. We are pretty hot in Utah right now, but we don't have humidity. I love our dry heat! You'd fly to Salt Lake City, then rent a car and drive 30 minutes to Park City.

Park City has awesome food options, great hotels/resorts, and it's much cooler up there than here in Salt Lake. It's going to be 77 degrees in Park City today. You can rent all sorts of bike and outdoor equipment in Park City (Vail too). In Park City, I'd look at Jans and Colesport.
    Last edited by geochick; 08-06-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast