Default Still counting wet diapers ?

DD is 8.5 month old now. Not really interested in solid yet, but I try to offer it to her several times a day. We have good days and not-so-good days, sometimes she'll eat more, some days she won't.
    She's EBF and nursing between 9-11 times a day. Ever since she turned 8 month-old, I notice that her wet diapers counts have somehow decrease. I'd like to think that it may have something to do with the diaper as well. I'm using Huggies Snug & Dry, but we've always use the same brand and she used to soak her diapers. Now, I'm only changing like 3-4 diapers/day :/
    So, I'm a bit worry. We have a baby scale at home and her weight has slipped a bit, about 4 1/2 oz for the past two weeks. Hmm....just wondering how many wet diapers should babies have a this age ? Thank you.

Btw, not sure if this goes under this category. Sorry if I post it at the wrong place.
    Last edited by babyfiorina1; 08-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

IME as they get older, many babies go less often but do a big, huge pee when they go. We can sometimes hear DS2 pee LOL.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    IME as they get older, many babies go less often but do a big, huge pee when they go. We can sometimes hear DS2 pee LOL.
    Thanks for your input. That's funny I guess I was so used to counting wet diapers and stuff. They are growing and things are changing.

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by babyfiorina1 View Post
    DD is 8.5 month old now. Not really interested in solid yet, but I try to offer it to her several times a day. We have good days and not-so-good days, sometimes she'll eat more, some days she won't.
    She's EBF and nursing between 9-11 times a day. Ever since she turned 8 month-old, I notice that her wet diapers counts have somehow decrease. I'd like to think that it may have something to do with the diaper as well. I'm using Huggies Snug & Dry, but we've always use the same brand and she used to soak her diapers. Now, I'm only changing like 3-4 diapers/day :/
    So, I'm a bit worry. We have a baby scale at home and her weight has slipped a bit, about 4 1/2 oz for the past two weeks. Hmm....just wondering how many wet diapers should babies have a this age ? Thank you.

Btw, not sure if this goes under this category. Sorry if I post it at the wrong place.

How wet are these diapers that you are changing?

If you feel that the new diapers are the reason you are not able to accurately count the number of pees, can you use cloth diapers for a few days, just to count the pees? With cloth diapers you know immediately when they have peed.

My DS is 10 months and although we don't count anymore, I know he pees at least once an hour if not more. His pee is very less though. NOT a long one as PP said. A disposable diaper is not soaked through enough to change every hour, but just that he pees at least once an hour.

Have you checked your LO's soft spot? Does it feel ok to you?

I would also encourage you to read this site, it's extremely informative and easy to read
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/enoughmilk-older.html

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    How wet are these diapers that you are changing?

If you feel that the new diapers are the reason you are not able to accurately count the number of pees, can you use cloth diapers for a few days, just to count the pees? With cloth diapers you know immediately when they have peed.

My DS is 10 months and although we don't count anymore, I know he pees at least once an hour if not more. His pee is very less though. NOT a long one as PP said. A disposable diaper is not soaked through enough to change every hour, but just that he pees at least once an hour.

Have you checked your LO's soft spot? Does it feel ok to you?

I would also encourage you to read this site, it's extremely informative and easy to read
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/enoughmilk-older.html
    Her diapers would be wet but it wasn't as soaked as I used to. Still wet enough to change like in your case. The trend is still about 3 wet diapers a day so far. Thanks for the suggestion on cloth diapers. I didn't think of that.
    She did gain her weight back to 18 lbs these one week. I notice she has started to cut a tooth at the lower part, just saw it today as a matter of fact. So, that may also affect her feeding patterns.

Thanks for the site, I like kellymom.com too , it's a very useful site for sure.