LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Where to stay in Cape May?

Keeping in mind I don't want "high end" and I'm fine with a motor inn :-) Prefer beachfront although we're not "beach" people, really just want time to take portraits on the beach, let the kids play in the sand, etc. Would love a hotel/motel that's within walking distance to shops, ice cream, breakfast, etc.

It'll be a Sunday Night before Labor Day Weekend, so still August.

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i can't answer that part, but my brother's been there the last several months on a beach nourishment job & found a great pizza place - if you want a pizza recommendation, lemme know!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I live here in Cape May. Feel free to pm me any questions , once you have found a place! I'm not on here as much these days but will check.

a lot of beachfront stuff has turned into condos, so it may be hard to find a place right on the beach. At the time you are considering, there will likely be a 2-3 night minimum stay for weekends as well, but that will vary by location.

congress hall is gorgeous but may cost too much.

Coachman's motor inn would be a good bet and the beach shack restaurant is so much fun, and it's right there.

Avondale is beachfront and nice as well

The Grand is nice but starting to get further from town (still just a 10 minute walk but not "right" there)

I love LaMer but it's a further walk from the main part of town.

PP was probably talking about Louie's pizza, which is the best. Do not skip breakfast at McGlades. It's right on the boardwalk, just before the sand and although the set up is casual, the food is amazing. My friends also own George's place (featured on the food network) and their breakfast is amazing as well and not super fancy there-limited seating.

and, when you hit up the arcade (which I am sure you will), that is where DH and I met. He worked there with my friend and we still go in all the time-same owners and they adore DH!

I have to run, but message me any questions!
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011