Default More DW Questions

We are driving down (12 hours) Friday Feb.24, touring Saturday through Tuesday, driving back Wednesday. I will be running the Princess half marathon on Sunday morning and have to pick up my race packet at ESPN on Saturday. We are staying at the Clarion Inn http://www.clarionlbv.com/ off property. Space is an issue in the caron the drive down and back, but not while there. DD will be 9, DS#1 will be one month shy of 6, DS#2 will be one month shy of 4.

1. Stroller(s): I own no double that I would be willing to push for 4 days. I do have a Zippy, Jeep Liberty, and a Volo. Would I be better off with two singles or a double? If singles, do I take two of what I have or get another umbrella? If double, I will likely rent from an offisite company. Once we arrive, space will not be an issue in the car.

2. My original plan was to spend one day in each of the parks:AK,EP,MK, and DHS. Now, I'm thinking of maybe skipping DHS and doing MK twice.
    Sat: ESPN, then MK (using a half day plan from touringplans.com)
    Sun:race, then AK (using late arrival plan from touringplans.com)
    Mon:EP
    Tues:MK full day
    or
    Sat: DHS, ESPN during afternoon break from the park
    Sun:race, then AK (using late arrival plan from touringplans.com)
    Mon:EP
    Tues:MK

I'm sure I'll have more questions later. TIA!
    Last edited by westgre; 08-06-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: crazy smiley appeared where I had not wanted it
    Lyra 12/30/02 49", 65# in Literiders
    Cree 03/16/06 41.5", 39# in a PW and B510
    Nash 03/30/08 39.5", 36# FF in a MA65 and RN65

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would say two singles, EXCEPT that on race day, will there be 2 adults (other than you) to push 2 singles while you race?? Can family go into the park to watch?? If so, I think you'd want a double for that if your DH will be solo during that time.

GL!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Just wanted to say You go, girl! I watched 6 friends do the inaugural Disney Marathon. Amazing. So fun!!! Are YOU going to the park right after the race? No R&R after it? Maybe a one-day rental of an air-tire double on Sunday when your DH has everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I would say two singles, EXCEPT that on race day, will there be 2 adults (other than you) to push 2 singles while you race?? Can family go into the park to watch?? If so, I think you'd want a double for that if your DH will be solo during that time.

GL!
    Thanks for pointing this out. DH will be in his own with the 3 kids while I'm running. We'll need a double for sure!

Any wisdom on skipping DHS?

kbud is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'd say one single. My dd walked almost all the time by the time she was 4. If you have one stroller the younger 2 can take turns using it as needed. Would they both be using it that much? I know some do, my kids just aren't stroller kids. Even when you DH is alone with the 3 the 9 year old is old enough to hold hands with the other kids. Or another option is a sit n stand or joovy caboose. I used that a lot at the parks and when my oldest would get tired she'd hop on back. The only down fall is my kids would fight over the back seat.

I would do MK twice. I think it has the most to do for your two youngest, but it still has enough e-ticket rides for your oldest.

Our family enjoys Epcot quite a bit, but I know it's far from being a universal hit. Dropping it could be an option too.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd do the day & a half in MK rather than going to DHS.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Does your race end at Animal Kingdom? I'm asking since we were at Epcot that morning this year, and the race ended there. My DDs LOVE AK, and we enjoy the early morning hours best; plus, AK closes fairly early that time of year.

I agree with PPs that I would add a second MK day instead of DHS. Good luck with your race, and have a great time! We've done both of our Disney World trips in February to coordinate with meetings for me, and think it's a great time to go!
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

DH has decided he would rather not have a double for the trip. I'm definitely taking the Volo now. I have no idea how much we would need a second stroller. Should I spring for another Volo (I found one for $60) or could I get away with a cheapie umbrella? I've never had a cheapie umbrella before so forgive my ignorance. I'm very short (4'11") so handle height is not an issue. But the boys are pushing 40 pounds, so steering might be an issue. Thoughts?