Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Preeclampsia symptoms without preeclampsia?

Ok...

12 lb weight gain in first 10 weeks which has leveled off in last two weeks. EXTREME bloating of stomach. My abdomen so freaking sore. Sharp pains under my ribs. Can't lay on my left side at all. I can draw deep breathes when I need to but it hurts. Belly ache. I am super hungry and thirsty but only small amounts of food make me totally full and in pain when I eat or drink. I am 11 weeks as of today and the lady at Motherhood Maternity (yesterday) guess me to be 6 freaking months. Reduced urine output. Extreme fatgue. Achey. Dizzy. Have had a headache since Thursday.

Minor puffiness of face, none in hands, very minor in feet. But abdomen, upper and lower, hips and to some extent my rear, are lumpy dumpy with water.

I have had some instance of heart racing or pounding but associated it with migraine. I have normally lower BP, so when they look at my BP and it is slightly elevated for a normal person, it is high for me, but they say that is ok.

I called the nurse line and she told me to go to the ER. Um, NO. I am not sitting for 6 hours in the ER when I could just get a same day or next day appt in OB. She even told me not to drive. Really? I drove 5+ hours round trip yesterday to do tax free shopping at the outlet mall. I think I can handle a few minutes to the Dr.

So I called back and kept pressing buttons until I got to an OB nurse. She took a message and said someone would call me back. That was 2.5 hours ago. Clearly, they don't think I need to go to the ER, but should I be concerned about this or just chalk it up to another of the awesome and annoying anomolies of my health issues with pregnancy?

(P.S. Yes, I know what round ligament pain is and yes I have it but no this is not that. This is my entire abdomen from under my bra down to my pelvic bone and especially on the sides.)

Should I be concerned? I don't really want to take MORE time off and DH is "in the feild" so I have DD alone, too.

Just want someone to tell me to buck up and stop worrying, that this is nothing!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

well, officially it can't be preeclampsia in 1st trimester, but your symptoms certainly sound bad enough to be seen by the ob to me.

make sure s/he knows about the pain under the ribs.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

I would go to the dr and just ask to be seen. At least with my ob office, they'd fit me in if I was sitting there staring at them even without all the symptoms you have.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Walk ins are not permitted at my OB (military hospital). They just called me back and told me I could either go to the ER or wait until Wed to see my Dr. I am waiting until Wed. I am so not dealing with ER and I feel that is an abuse of the system.

Finally got so hungry I had to eat. I have had 16 oz water - it took me 3 hours to drink it. And a 2.0 oz package of peanuts...and I am PAINFULLY FULL.

I am mostly annoyed as I just spoke with the worlds most annoyng nurse. I usually have the utmost respect for nurses but this woman is not a credit to the profession by a long shot. She just kept saying, "I don't know what you mean. I can't tell you over the phone what the problem is." CLEARLY NOT. I wasn't asking her to do that. I was calling to see if I needed to come in and to get a same day appt or close to it.

I am going to go pick up DD early, and see if I can coax her in to early dinner and early bedtime and just try to lay down for awhile.

P.S.
    Symptoms also include dizzy spells. The nurse actually just told me, "That could be caused by anything. We have no way of knowing". REALLY????????? Could it be caused by cute and fuzzy bunnies?????? (I guess since I am allergic to angora, it COULD be caused by cute and fuzzy bunnies....)
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

That would REALLY bother me. There could be something seriously wrong! My ob doesn't allow walk-in appointments, but I know that they want to see me if something is wrong. I recently had to wait an hour for my ultrasound because someone had come in bleeding and obviously needed priority treatment.

My friend had unexplained pain, and then they found that her abdomen was full of blood because her placenta had grown out into her other organs. When I fell a few weeks ago after hours, the emergency nurse's line told me to go to labor and delivery at the hospital instead of the ER. They are more equipped to deal with pregnancy issues anyway, and they were able to put me in their triage area to be monitored.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

I had a terrible 1st trimester with DS2, but your symptoms definitely sound like you have something pressing up. I'm glad you're going to see your OB.

Hope it turns out to be nothing at all.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No access to urgent care? That sounds really awful. I'd be really tempted to do the ER route--even though I hate too to "plug up the system" (and a six hour wait doesn't sound great either). Have you tried speaking with someone ELSE in the OB office? The tactic of talking to different "representatives" with companies has often yielded me great results.

Best of luck and feel better!

I'm like you and generally avoid going to the ER (especially alone with little ones) at all costs, but I think you should go this time. None of that sounds ok to me and the dizziness worries me.

Do you have a neighbor who could watch your little one and/or drive you? When pregnant, I think better safe than sorry.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Any way you can call L&D as the PP mentioned? That's what I would do if OB couldn't see me in her office. If not, I'd wait until Wed. Seems like if OB thought it was urgent they would advise you to go to the ER or fit you in earlier. It sounds concerning, and you should get it checked out, but maybe not super urgent in their experience?
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

I agree w/PPs - I would go in to L&D if your OB won't see you for 2 days. Hope everything is fine!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast