Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am only 11 weeks. Can't go to L & D until 20 weeks. They will just send me back down to........you guessed it! The ER. And now for the funny part....

DH is "in the feild" this week. He just called me. And guess where he is....THE ER. (He drove a kid with heat sickness there). I guess I could go RIGHT NOW and DH could watch DD for me!!!!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It is Wednesday--any news?? Thinking about you!

Just came home from Dr actually (thanks for asking, Bisous!)

A weird and untimely combination of IBS flare up (I haven't had a flare up in more than a year and it was not my normal type), a UTI, and excessive edema. My doctor is great b/c she really pays attention to ME and my lifestyle. I had started eating more dairy lately for the calcium and she think that I am lactose intolerant (which, yeah, I probably am).

All of that, combined with just being really tired, and having regular migraines, etc. She wants me to talk to my allergist about getting on a med that will help my breathing more and to my neuro about a pregnancy-safe, sulfa free, migraine med. And just rest more. Basically, if I feel that bad, I should be taking a day off (MORE TIME OFF WORK!???)
    ---------
    A-M

---------

Thanks for the update. Wow, severe lactose intolerance can cause alllll of this. Do you also have other allergies? Maybe the lactose caused your body to become more sensitive your environment and/or your diet, which is kicking off allergies and such, too.

You poor thing!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Glad to hear your doctor was helpful and it sounds like a combo of semi-minor things vs. something very serious. Get some rest and good luck!
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeofUs View Post
    Thanks for the update. Wow, severe lactose intolerance can cause alllll of this. Do you also have other allergies? Maybe the lactose caused your body to become more sensitive your environment and/or your diet, which is kicking off allergies and such, too.

You poor thing!
    Yeah, that is exactly what she said. I have lots of other allergies and in the last year I have been developing allergies. My allergist thinks I have atopic triad which means I am hypersensitive to allergens. My OB is also a vegetarian and is dairy free, which is wonderful for me. She and I had a long talk a couple of appointments ago about processed foods. As she is an OB and not an internist, allergist, or nutritionist, she said she can't give me an official word on this, but she thinks that my body is also hyper sensitive to processed foods, chemicals, etc (which my allergist agrees with). So I am going back to my super duper healthy eating. She told me to start using more almond milk than soy and use a calcium supplement. I love that she even knows what almond milk is! My last OB was a good soul but just did. not. know. what. to do with me!
    ---------
    A-M

---------

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    Yeah, that is exactly what she said. I have lots of other allergies and in the last year I have been developing allergies. My allergist thinks I have atopic triad which means I am hypersensitive to allergens.
    Wow. I developed a ton of allergies in my early 30s (my environment was full of mold and kicked them all off). I wasn't preggo when it happened, though, and can't imagine having all those things hit at once.

Hope sticking to a diet helps everything quiet down. I'll be thinking of you.

ETA: Hey, you're probably the ONE person in the world I could sit down and have dinner with!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Hope you feel better soon!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Good to hear it isn't terribly serious! I was worried. I hope your changing habits will bring you relief!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2