Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Uggs have a lot of give.

Some ideas:

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-lynnea-chestnut-leather

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-finnegan-espresso-leather

Have you tried to use the wide filter in zappos?

http://www.zappos.com/womens-boots

Free shipping and returns!
    Thanks for the suggestions.....the second pair of Uggs are very nice and on sale to boot! (pun intended! ) I would be willing to try since returns are free.

As far as ordering wides, I would be hesitant....I normally don't wear wides it's just my left foot is wide from an out of control bunion and could use some extra space....most of my comfy shoes have just stretched a bit in that particular area.

I'm going shopping this weekend and if I don't find something I'll place an order with Zappos. Thanks for your help!!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, darn! Well, good thing you had a chance to try some on before buying. I've never tried on a pair of Clark's boots, but have admired some online. Clark's generally do come in wide, right? I've found that a suede/fabric had more give than a stiffer leather. Less practical for winter, though. Hope you picked up some other cute stuff, clothing wise, for yourself.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    Oh, darn! Well, good thing you had a chance to try some on before buying. I've never tried on a pair of Clark's boots, but have admired some online. Clark's generally do come in wide, right? I've found that a suede/fabric had more give than a stiffer leather. Less practical for winter, though. Hope you picked up some other cute stuff, clothing wise, for yourself.
    Yes, Clarks come in wide so that may be a possibility. There's a boot shop in the middle of nowhere that dh swears sells tons of boots....well, I can't imagine that they might have anything I would like but I'll have a look. I think for women, they will have very little. It's probably men's hunting boots and gear. Hmmmm, I'm thinking this might be more for him!

Yes, I got some cute stuff today....The loft outlet had a decent selection. I got several basic tees for layering and a black pencil skirt (my "classic" purchase!). I scored a cute short sleeve, button front blouse with adorable details for $2 at Ann Taylor thanks to 40% sale price and I used my $15 birthday certificate. The SA wasn't nearly as excited as I was!

Also got some good deals at Eddie Bauer...3/4 sleeve henleys with embroiderary around the neckline for $15 each which seemed like a good deal. Summer stuff was all super cheap. That's about it....
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When I went outlet shopping recently, I also got stuff from EB and AT. I was especially imressed w/the prices and selection at AT. That's funny that Bill recommended a boot shop, lol. Do you have a DSW by you. They are starting to put boots out and they always have a big selection. I'm talking like a whole aisle of booties.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I bought these Cole Haan short boots back in June at Nordstrom Rack and they are very comfortable. The leather isn't really soft, but they do give so to speak.
    DS1 6/2010
    Twins DD and DS2 3/2013

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No problem! Hope you find a pair you love!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What do you guys think of these?

I'm still on the hunt for black boots. Maybe these will calm my need for black riding boots...ok, who am I kidding, but still, they're cute and cheap, right?

http://www.zappos.com/blowfish-blyth-brown-splendid-pu
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

elektra is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LexyLou View Post
    What do you guys think of these?

I'm still on the hunt for black boots. Maybe these will calm my need for black riding boots...ok, who am I kidding, but still, they're cute and cheap, right?

http://www.zappos.com/blowfish-blyth-brown-splendid-pu
    I think they are cute. I also saw some cute, cheap shoes at urban outfitters last week, some similar to that. Sometimes it makes sense not to spend $$$.
    I have to stay away from faux leather though. I got the cutest pair of cheap driving loafers once, but they were all man made materials had no give whatsoever and my feet always killed when I wore them. I of course wore them a bunch of times still.
    DD
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    When I went outlet shopping recently, I also got stuff from EB and AT. I was especially imressed w/the prices and selection at AT. That's funny that Bill recommended a boot shop, lol. Do you have a DSW by you. They are starting to put boots out and they always have a big selection. I'm talking like a whole aisle of booties.
    For kicks, I should take a photo of the boot shop Bill takes me to and post it! You'd all get a good laugh, I'm sure!
    I believe we have a DSW about 45 minutes away but I might need to make a trip. Good to know they have a great selection of booties!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMommy View Post
    I bought these Cole Haan short boots back in June at Nordstrom Rack and they are very comfortable. The leather isn't really soft, but they do give so to speak.
    Those are pretty and a great price! Not what I am looking for but lovely! I wish we had a NR nearby....
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast