Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How early did you find out the gender?

How early were you able to find out the gender of your baby?

I've heard of people finding out as early as 15 weeks at some of these ultrasound "boutiques". I think most people find out closer to 20 though, right?
    DD Spring 2010

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DD#1 we didn't find out, but could have at the amnio @ 15.5w.

DD#2 we did find out @ 15.5w with an amnio.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

With DS1 we found out at 14 weeks. The ultrasound was to check the baby's heart beat, but the doc decided to take a peak. I thought it would be way too early to tell. But it was clear as day -- a boy! Not the way I planned to find out, and DH wasn't even there. My ob said "his genitals probably just formed yesterday."

With DS2 we found out at the 19 week anatomy scan. Actually, we found out a week later, b/c the first time he was shy and wouldn't show us.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

after going through our loss it was very very important for me to find out the gender of our next baby and i had NO patience whatsoever. We found out at 13 weeks 2 days. Theeeeen, the next time around I again had no patience, went to same place and found out at 13 weeks 1 day. Both times correct. It was a 3d u/s place and i loved the experience, it was a very special bonding moment for me with baby (who by the way, as much as i *knew* would look like a total baby by 13 weeks, i couldnt imagine just how much! It was truly incredible to see).
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My 1st pregnancy was a 17 week loss, missed miscarriage, ...no cause found, but the pregnancy never felt right. I had an early anatomy ultrasound at 17 weeks with both DD's for piece of mind and to check the heartbeat at the obgyn's office. They told us then and confirmed it at the 20 week anatomy scan.
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

20, here. I had U/S at 12 weeks as well but they (tech in one case, MD in other) never tried to check, or at least didn't say if they did.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

With DD it was at 20 wk u/s

With DS it was at 11 wk u/s for date. Dr. Thought she saw a little something, it was confirmed at 20 wk u/s.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My first 2, the u/s tech was unable to tell at the the 20 week scan. I found out when they were born.
    I found out with my youngest 2 at the 20 week anatony scan.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We found out at 13 weeks at our nuchal fold US. The tech said "don't paint the nursery yet" but that she was about 80% positive. I think it's easier to tell early if it's a boy b/c if they see something there, then, as my doc put it, it's not going away. If they don't see "something," then it may just be hiding, or you may have a girl.

We didn't tell anyone else, though, until after the 20 week anatomy US confirmed.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

At birth for all 4 kids.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast