blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Little things keep adding up--Update in 6

All the little things that break/need repairing are adding up and stressing me out. In the past few days, our car got a flat tire (and needs replacing, and you have to buy 2 new ones), our oven stopped working (landlord is not returning our calls to come and fix it), our other car that I need to drive DS in now is two door and the part that moves the seat forward so I can get in the back is broken (so I have to forward face DS until the the tires for the other car come in . I cant get him in threw the trunk RF, I tried)., the key is stuck in the 2 door car and hope no steals our car, and bills for the tires etc........ And above all I am just so tired, we have been really busy lately. Thanks for letting me vent..
    Last edited by blue; 08-16-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: update
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

sorry things are so stressful. keep calm and carry on, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    sorry things are so stressful. keep calm and carry on, indeed
    yep, that's why I changed my avatar a while back, to remind myself.... Sometimes things just get the best of you after awhile.

But, I know it will be better in a few months when we are done building our house, packing, and moving (then the normal day to day stuff like flat tires won't bother me - because I'll be getting more sleep)... thanks for the hug
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    All the little things that break/need repairing are adding up and stressing me out. In the past few days, our car got a flat tire (and needs replacing, and you have to buy 2 new ones), our oven stopped working (landlord is not returning our calls to come and fix it), our other car that I need to drive DS in now is two door and the part that moves the seat forward so I can get in the back is broken (so I have to forward face DS until the the tires for the other car come in . I cant get him in threw the trunk RF, I tried)., the key is stuck in the 2 door car and hope no steals our car, and bills for the tires etc........ And above all I am just so tired, we have been really busy lately. Thanks for letting me vent..

Vent away. I've been having a similar time lately and know how it feels when it all just adds up to way too much.

Hang in there.
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have been having the same experience lately and it's not fun. We basically blew 2K on what should have been like a $300 job, that ended up being a lot worse and involved having to get concrete busted up and re-poured for our front stoop, and now it looks like we will need to get the end of our driveway busted up and re-poured too, probably for another 1K and getting the city involved, since the street is buckling up, which is what is causing our driveway to sink, lovely. On top of that, DH's car had to get new rear brake pads and roaters yesterday. It's like when it rains, it pours.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Small update.
    We got the tires replaced at the beginning of the week- yippee, DS is rear facing again. Finally got the key out of the two door car before it was stolen, also a yippee...

Unfortunately the landlord still has not fixed the stove-boo on them. But, it does not bother me as much now. Especially since our water stopped working in the trailer court a few days ago (it happens quiet often here). The water was thankfully on by the end of the day, but it sure helps put things into perspective. I decided I value water and plumbing more then a stove working, and even it they don't fix it we will be moving by the end of September, so I can suck it up till then . ........ I have also gotten a little more sleep which REALLY helps things. Thanks for the encouragement.
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Unfortunately the landlord still has not fixed the stove-boo on them. But, it does not bother me as much now. .
    You could threaten not to pay your rent if keeping the stove in working order is part of your lease agreement. You could always argue that he is breaking the lease by not keeping your stove maintained so you are not obligated to pay. OR you could attach a note to your next rent payment threatening that if the stove isn't fixed by a certain date you will hire someone to come fix it and deduct the cost from your rent. Nothing keeps a landlord honest like the threat of losing some money.

thanks for the update. I'm glad things are improving for you.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    You could threaten not to pay your rent if keeping the stove in working order is part of your lease agreement. You could always argue that he is breaking the lease by not keeping your stove maintained so you are not obligated to pay. OR you could attach a note to your next rent payment threatening that if the stove isn't fixed by a certain date you will hire someone to come fix it and deduct the cost from your rent. Nothing keeps a landlord honest like the threat of losing some money.

thanks for the update. I'm glad things are improving for you.
    Thanks gatorsmom . I was thinking of writing a note on the next rent check like you mentioned, but I got lucky and they fixed the stove today
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Glad to hear that your problems seem to be resolving left and right! Hopefully you've gotten your fair share of issues for awhile, and will have good, problem-free run coming up.