Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    And, that is why it's coming off tonight - to reinforce that we don't put nail polish on dolls. I worry that if we leave it on, it'll give her ideas that using paint to put eye shadow on is okay. Or a hair cut. And she'll end up looking like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERICAN-GIRL-DO...item2c5e5703e3!

So, my plan is to not ask for a refund. But, to let them know how disapointed I am that this was part of the camp and to make sure they know that the parents need to know before this happens in the future.
    Ahhh! That doll is scary. I agree with you that they need to let parents know about this in the future. DD doesn't have an AG yet, but if this happened to any of her inexpensive dolls, which we try and teach her to take care of, I'd be ticked. I'd be even more ticked with an AG.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    Ahhh! That doll is scary. I agree with you that they need to let parents know about this in the future. DD doesn't have an AG yet, but if this happened to any of her inexpensive dolls, which we try and teach her to take care of, I'd be ticked. I'd be even more ticked with an AG.
    It is, isn't it?!

Our AG was bought on July 30, so it's a whopping 2.5 weeks old, too.

DH says the removal is going well.
    Kris

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH says the removal is going well.
    I hope it continues to come off easily. Meanwhile, I have a feeling that any nightmares I have tonight may involve that Desperate Housewives AG in your link coming to life and wielding a kitchen knife.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    I hope it continues to come off easily. Meanwhile, I have a feeling that any nightmares I have tonight may involve that Desperate Housewives AG in your link coming to life and wielding a kitchen knife.
    Love it.
    Kris

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I get that you're ticked and you have every right to be because they were irresponsible with your property and what it negatively taught your child. I just wish I understood the whole doll thing. I am a tomboy. I have always been a tomboy. The only 3 dolls I've ever had and kept were strawberry shortcake (from the 80's!) that blew strawberry kisses. I only ever got a kiss from her on my birthday every year so that I could keep her smelling nice (by my own choice after I asked my mom how long she would last). A cabbage patch doll preemie and big cabbage patch doll (my MOM lost the paperwork for them in a move though. ) and a crocheted doll that my grandmother made for me before she passed away.

My maternal grandmother collects dolls (in a hoarders type way, lol) and I just don't get it. I think I missed a girly gene when I was baking.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

WHAT?! They did this AT American Girl camp, while being supervised? Yes, I'd be livid. I figured you were going to say your Dd did it on her own. I have my mom fears that Dd will 'trim' hers when I'm not looking, but wouldn't expect this while at camp.

They fact there even was nail polish AT camp, makes me suspect. They can't blame this on 'older girls,' and I hope they don't try.

So, my plan is to not ask for a refund. But, to let them know how disapointed I am that this was part of the camp and to make sure they know that the parents need to know before this happens in the future.
    I think that is a good plan. And I was also going to suggest some googling. There are serious AG doll restoring people who take nightmare dolls and make them great again, so I would imagine if there's any polish left your Dh can't remedy there would be info out there. And as an aside, I love that your Dh cares so much about the dolls.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would be very annoyed but would have proceeded as you did and let them know it's not acceptable to do this.

It kind of reminds me of the time our friend's preteen aged dd came over and undid ALL the groovy girl's hairdos (cut off all the bands of over 15 dolls) and left them that way.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by OKKiddo View Post
    I get that you're ticked and you have every right to be because they were irresponsible with your property and what it negatively taught your child. I just wish I understood the whole doll thing. I am a tomboy. I have always been a tomboy. The only 3 dolls I've ever had and kept were strawberry shortcake (from the 80's!) that blew strawberry kisses. I only ever got a kiss from her on my birthday every year so that I could keep her smelling nice (by my own choice after I asked my mom how long she would last). A cabbage patch doll preemie and big cabbage patch doll (my MOM lost the paperwork for them in a move though. ) and a crocheted doll that my grandmother made for me before she passed away.

My maternal grandmother collects dolls (in a hoarders type way, lol) and I just don't get it. I think I missed a girly gene when I was baking.
    I'm not a doll person either (and I am too old for Cabbage Patch, but remember thinking how silly the mobs were for that!). But, DD is. She loves them. Plays with them all day long. She braids their hair, puts it in ballet buns, and has a great time. That's why we went with the expensive AG doll, since it has nice hair and that is a key part of playing for her. I'm happy about our decision and she is thrilled . Fortunately for her, her aunt loves dolls and has her own AG dolls, so they play when we get together
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    WHAT?! They did this AT American Girl camp, while being supervised? Yes, I'd be livid. I figured you were going to say your Dd did it on her own. I have my mom fears that Dd will 'trim' hers when I'm not looking, but wouldn't expect this while at camp.

They fact there even was nail polish AT camp, makes me suspect. They can't blame this on 'older girls,' and I hope they don't try.

I think that is a good plan. And I was also going to suggest some googling. There are serious AG doll restoring people who take nightmare dolls and make them great again, so I would imagine if there's any polish left your Dh can't remedy there would be info out there. And as an aside, I love that your Dh cares so much about the dolls.
    The older girls who did it are the camp coaches kids and they've spent the entire summer at the gym. DS1 went to board game camp in July and they joined in and played games with those kids too. And, they built cool forts from some gym mats on Fun Fridays . The kids are 8 and 10, so old enough to know better, but young enough to fit into the camps. And, I can see them brining nail polish, because it has to be a long summer for them.

DH got it all off. He figures under a microscrope you'd see a few scratches, but it looks really good.
    Kris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3