Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We went two years ago the week of December 13th. It was perfect. Great weather and no super long lines. I would love to go back at that time. The parks were really pretty for Christmas.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

soon2b4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We went the week before the week of Thanksgiving. It was FABULOUS! We did wait for Soarin' and for Toy Story, but otherwise, walked on or waited maybe 5 min. DH and DD actually got to stay on Big Thunder Mountain to go again because the line was so sparse. The decorations were up except for the lights in Hollywood Studios, so that was great! I do not remember any rain, either. Temps were great for jeans and long sleeves or a sweatshirt (in the morning or evening).
    Happily married to DH 01/96
    Mom to:
    DD1 01/04
    DD2 09/11

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

November is a lovely time to go to WDW. We've been there in September (no crowds, but HOT and humid), November (great weather, still decent crowds) and May (lovely weather, light crowds, but you risk really hot weather).

The website www.touringplans.com has a crowd calendar which tells you the expected crowd level at WDW every single day (rated on a scale of 1-10). The subscription costs about $10, but it's worth every penny if you're planning a WDW vacation.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

As an aside, one must think about the lovebugs (yes, real swarming, non-harmful bugs) that swarm in Sept. and May (ish).
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

We go during the slower times. We have gone late Jan, late september and the first week of December, in order of lowest crowd to highest. Late Jan was awesome!
    Mama to 3

Christmas is TERRIBLE. Never again.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MaiseyDog View Post
    We have always gone the first week in December and it's great. The weather is good and crowds are low. I like it because the Christmas decorations are up so it's a great way to get into the season. Last time we went they were filming the Disney Christmas parade so we got to watch that and see some of the acts.

I could have written your post word for word!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

kbud is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jse107 View Post
    As an aside, one must think about the lovebugs (yes, real swarming, non-harmful bugs) that swarm in Sept. and May (ish).
    Yep, gotta to remember love bug season! The last love bug season was so much worse than usual. In our 3 years as passholders though the love bugs didn't bother us much in the parks. Of course we are locals and used to the love bugs. I'd still take love bugs over large crowds.

Ugh, the lovebugs were GROSS last September, and it was hot, but crowds weren't bad, it was 9-24 thru 10-1. I liked it the last week in October and this year we'll be there 11-11 to 11-19. I'm excited to see the Xmas decorations and have nice warm weather.
    Jen

Emily 5/19/05
    Katie 8/14/07
    Chase 10/31/12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2