Default Ovulation Prediction Test kit question

I know once you have a positive test it is the beginning of your fertile time. If you keep testing once you get the positive test, do you ovulate once you get a negative test again?? Does anyone know this??

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

actually once you get a positive, it means that you will begin ovulating in 24 to 48 hours. be sure you read the directions carefully. if your not sure when to start testing, just do it everyday. (you'll waste some tests, but you shouldn't miss when you ovulate.)

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

those tests were never accurate for me. I did the temperature taking and charting and it worked much better. The test would say I ovulated and then I wouldn't for two weeks. I wound up throwing them out.
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When we were doing IUI, the clinic told me to start testing 13 days after I started, and then come in the day after I tested positive. HTH!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

You might want to try a kit like this, its expensive but once you add up months of OPK tests it evens out and this can be resold. We had a lot of luck using this because it tests you for almost a full cycle and the computer kind of programs itself to you and shows you as your levels go up and down. My cycle is all weird with PCOS so this was really helpful.
    I bought mine second hand from a woman who used it with all 3 of her kids (the machine takes strips you buy seperately so no sanitary issue) and after I was done passed it along to a friend who also found it effective.

http://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Easy...3763728&sr=1-5
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    You might want to try a kit like this, its expensive but once you add up months of OPK tests it evens out and this can be resold. We had a lot of luck using this because it tests you for almost a full cycle and the computer kind of programs itself to you and shows you as your levels go up and down. My cycle is all weird with PCOS so this was really helpful.
    I bought mine second hand from a woman who used it with all 3 of her kids (the machine takes strips you buy seperately so no sanitary issue) and after I was done passed it along to a friend who also found it effective.

another vote for this kit. I found it a lot less confusing.
    DD February 2010
    DS January 2012

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post

I used it for both my kids and my friend used it for her DD. I think that if you are going to bother with Ovulation kits that this is the way to go. They do have good resale value too. I think I sold mine for $80 on ebay.

I did fine with the Answer brand tests from Walgreens. You get more to a package with those, and we got pregnant on the first try this time so I only used a few tests. You do get a faint positive that then gets darker and then lighter again over time though. I probably wouldn't try too hard until you get the dark line.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11