mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Babysitting at Disney?

I am going to be in Florida for a work related meeting for a few days and was taking DD (7yo) with me. I am wondering what I will do with DD the days that I am at work related stuff!!! (Mostly 9-5). Are there any disney hotels/resorts that have a daycare like situation for kids her age? Any places that do tours in which kids that young can go alone? I am hesitant to contact a nanny agency because I haven't had the best experience with that before, its a hit ad miss wrt quality and I don't want to leave my child alone with someone I don't know. Usually, I'd ask my mom to fly with me to babysit the kids, but my mom has some other committment at that time and just can't make it.
    Since you moms are very disney experienced, I figure some of you may have some ideas.
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think all of the WDW hotel "kid club" type places are mainly for afternoon and evening sitting. They mostly start at 4 PM.

You may have better luck with a Hilton/Hyatt type resort with a daytime kid club.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

FWIW, we've used Kids' Night Out several times and always been very pleased. They will even take her to the parks if you're interested in that...

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    FWIW, we've used Kids' Night Out several times and always been very pleased. They will even take her to the parks if you're interested in that...
    I would love that if they did that in the daytime!!
    Beth, just looked at your suggestions, the Hyatt does a daily club during the summer and a weekend only club during the winter months. Darn!! I'll keep looking, I guess this is my best bet. I wonder why business hotels don't cater to working moms/moms in business. Oh wait, I know the answer to that!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just to be clear, we've used them in the evening. But I know they are available during the day as well. I think that, and choosing a park for them to go to, is probably your best bet.

And is it bad that I laughed about your working mom comment? *SO* true.

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Just to be clear, we've used them in the evening. But I know they are available during the day as well. I think that, and choosing a park for them to go to, is probably your best bet.

And is it bad that I laughed about your working mom comment? *SO* true.
    At the risk of sounding like a total nut, I'm going to offer to arrange for babysitting at my organization's next convention in 2012. Maybe look at a daycare or some other service that may be able to provide that service. I am sure I will be met by many eyerolls

Kids night out definitely will watch your kids and take them to the park. They won't take them to the pool or water parks though. It might be pricey though, because you have to pay for the provider's admission to the park. (I haven't used them, but looked into it fora night time stay, and read about their other services.)

erosenst, glad to hear first hand positive experiences.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

We used kids nite out once and they were great! It is a pricey, but when your kids are too little for the kids clubs it is the only real option for a parents nite out! We will be using the kids club this year now that our littlest is 4!
    Jen

Emily 5/19/05
    Katie 8/14/07
    Chase 10/31/12