Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It is available on Amazon at MSRP w/ free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars...5948921&sr=8-1

Oh and for those who are wondering, I got the October Lego Store calendar and October IS double points month and there are some cool freebies with various purchase levels (Holiday themed set and apple) throughout the month.

lablover is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks! Just ordered one from Amazon.
    Mom to:
    DS - 2003
    DD - 2006

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Can anyone tell me a little more about the calendar? I can't go in person and all my advent calendars growing up had chocolate inside, so I'm trying to figure this out.

When you open the door, there is a toy inside? Are these figures compatible with other legos, like you'd build with them, or mostly just play with them as action figures? We were thinking of getting Ds some Star Wars action figures for Christmas and I am wondering if this is a good way to do it, or if the bigger ones are better? Ds seems to love SW, but doesn't play a whole lot with the few SW things he does have other than his beloved light sabres.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Can anyone tell me a little more about the calendar? I can't go in person and all my advent calendars growing up had chocolate inside, so I'm trying to figure this out.

When you open the door, there is a toy inside? Are these figures compatible with other legos, like you'd build with them, or mostly just play with them as action figures? We were thinking of getting Ds some Star Wars action figures for Christmas and I am wondering if this is a good way to do it, or if the bigger ones are better? Ds seems to love SW, but doesn't play a whole lot with the few SW things he does have other than his beloved light sabres.
    Each day when you open a door you get either a small set of legos and a picture to make a ship or a mini figurine. The mini figurine is the same size as with a regular Star Wars lego sets. The space ships will be very small but they are made of regular legos that can be mixed in with the rest of you lego collection.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

I agree with what katydid1971 posted. How old is your DS? I think if he does not have much interest or experience with LEGO then you are better off going with actual SW figures (non-LEGO). The LEGO SW mini figures "resemble" SW characters but are not that realistic looking for a true SW lover, IMO.

The set is expensive for what it is and unless you want to go down the road of buying/collecting SW LEGO, I'd go with the less expensive action figures for now. I can't tell if you are familiar with LEGO or not, but a mini figure is about 2 inches tall, it is NOT a full sized action figure.

HTH!

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Anyone have suggestions on where to buy SW Lego mini figures to go inside the PB advent house I already have? Do they sell SW mini figures in packs?
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

Quote Originally Posted by mariza View Post
    Anyone have suggestions on where to buy SW Lego mini figures to go inside the PB advent house I already have? Do they sell SW mini figures in packs?
    I wish they did sell SW Lego mini figures by themselves. The only thing close is the magnets, some of which don't come off the magnet base and keychains. Or you can buy the small sets and use those figures.

Quote Originally Posted by mariza View Post
    The best way to to buy on Ebay, IMO. They have "battle packs" but those are storm troopers and other "troopers"...no main characters like Luke/Vadar etc....

Or Bricklink.com...I have yet to buy there though.

However, there are quite a few SW keychains on sale at the LEGO Store for $2.48-$3.48, you could snip off the key chain part or use them in the advent calendar w/ the chain....DD loves them on her backpack.

Bumping to let people know that Lego has free shipping over $99 and double points right now (which is like saving 10%) plus a free holiday set. So if you buy the Advent Calendar and the Winter Post Office you get 220 points and free shipping and the holiday set. The points will give you $10 next time you shop at Lego. Just a heads up.
    http://shop.lego.com/en-US/free-ship...1_FreeShipping
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3