Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default need BJCMD quick..where to get? (update #10, #15)

in a nutshell i would like to get a BJCMD asap and am wondering where i should get so i can best price (amazon? albee?) Would like one in the next few days (am willing to pay extra for shipping). I am currently staying at my parents house in Northern CA so i'm not as familiar with any local stores here either (though i imagine online is the best price, don't have to pay tax).

basically after taking a flight here this weekend with an 19month old and an enormous 5 month old with just a single stroller (BJCM), i have (finally) convinced my DH that we NEED a double stroller. we are starting to realize that having kids so close in age is worlds of difference from most others' situations (e.g. i can't ask my oldest to just stay still somewhere or walk behind us while DD rides in stroller; he MUST be contained at all times, he will run off and get into trouble the first chance he gets). the result of this and air travel with just a single was me pretty much always having to wear my DD, while at the same time trying to push a stroller and/or handle luggage through really big airports. saying it was rough was an understatement. so, we'd like to have a double to take back with us when we go back. also, this coming weekend we are planning to spend a few days in Monterey and walk around, see the aquarium. I am not looking forward to spending hours on end constantly wearing my DD without a break.

(i should add, my mom got a cheapie umbrella stroller at a garage sale. however, i think 2 singles is not ideal, bc one person cannot push 2 strollers... when we travel we have to have one person (usually DH) deal with luggage etc while other person deals with kids.

So that's the story..i want to see if i can order a BJCMD and maybe do overnight/1day shipping to my parents' house. I see Amazon has last years BJCM for $379 or so. I don't know if there is any major difference between 2010 and 2011? and i'm not so picky about color, except i don't want black.

TIA!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-27-2011 at 07:15 PM.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You could try to go to Babies R Us and see if they will price match what you find online so you don't need to pay for the expedited shipping. I saw one in store at our BRU.

ETA: you should probably call first to make sure they carry it.
    Last edited by lowrioh; 08-22-2011 at 11:21 AM.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you want it fast, diapers.com and zappos have it in stock and have free next day shipping but you will pay full price.

I would maybe do what PP suggested. Call the local BRU or BBB and see if they will price match, but you will then pay tax.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Albee baby has 15% off sitewide. FS for orders over $100. BJCMDs are full-price there. Supposedly they have great CS so you could call and ask them to get it shipped ASAP and maybe they'll expedite it a bit without charging you extra.

Or if there's a BBB there maybe you can find a 20% off coupon.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Albee baby has 15% off sitewide. FS for orders over $100. BJCMDs are full-price there. Supposedly they have great CS so you could call and ask them to get it shipped ASAP and maybe they'll expedite it a bit without charging you extra.
    BJ is excluded from that sale.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you really aren't particular about color, MooseJaw has the Orange Double (2010) and a bunch of colors of 2011 and they will price match and have expedited delivery. I had a great experience with them when I bought my BJCED. They price matched easily and it shipped right away.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    BJ is excluded from that sale.
    Of course it is

Too bad you couldn't convince him earlier! My friend just got a BJCMD in orange a few weeks ago off of amazon - the 2010 for $289 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh View Post
    You could try to go to Babies R Us and see if they will price match what you find online so you don't need to pay for the expedited shipping. I saw one in store at our BRU.

ETA: you should probably call first to make sure they carry it.
    thanks. i went to BRU website and for most the BJCMDs it says they are online only, not carried in store. but for the orange/grey 2010 one it said it's sold in stores. i will definitely call and check. though if it's 2010, i may just get on amazon since it's cheaper (on BRU site it says they're still $429 even for 2010)

ETA: just saw all the other responses. will try MooseJaw. thanks.

and yeah, Dh only realized i was right after i had a migraine all day yesterday due to the strian of having to wear DD so much all day..including for an hour while i walked around the rental car parking lot wearing dd and pushing DS while dh installed the carseats in the car. dh admitted that he has to learn "the hard way" whether or not we need a baby item i'm trying to convince him to get.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.

ok on amazon i see the 2010 bjcmd is $379..but it takes 4 or 5 days processing. ugh. do you think other sites like moosejaw, etc would still price match that? i remember diapers and other sites having all these conditions on what they would price match.

i'm on an extremely extremely slow computer so it's so hard for me to check the prices. it literally takes 2 minutes for some of these sites (BRU), etc) to load up!! i may just pay full price ($429) for a 2011 on amazon so i can get it right away.

and yeah, too bad i couldn't convinde DH earlier. ther'es just no reasoning until he firsthand experiences the pain and suffering of not having something.

thanks all. i ended up ordering the 2011 orange/grey from Amazon for full price (ouch!) since i have prime and overnight shipping was only $4 extra. eek. well at least i didn't have to pay tax and i will get it tomorrow. and once we get home i hope to sell our 2010 single for a decent price (i have the BJ console, belly bar, and travel bag to go with it..hope i can get $200 for it on CL)

i did check BRU site and unfortunately there is only 1 BRU store in this town, and i'm 99% sure they don't care Baby Jogger in store (it's really small and i've never seen baby joggers there). the next closest store is an hour drive away, so i figure it'd just be easier to order online

now the only thing is i hope our BJCM single will survive being checked in as luggage (we have the BJCM stroller bag). and, i hope our BJCMD will survive being gate-checked (we don't have the stroller bag for it). wondering if BJCMD stroller bag is worth getting (it's $60!) or should i just put it in a trash bag?

thanks for all the advice!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast