BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Make a v neck sweater look current?

I have several sweaters similar to this. Any ideas on how to style them make them look more current?

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category...6164/46164.jsp

Add a belt? I have a lot of sweaters like that too and to me they have a classic look so I don't try to make it current.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I agree with pp. I have always thought v neck sweaters are pretty classic. You can try to add a scarf to it, but for me, I just plan to wear my v neck sweaters plain. I got 3 of them last winter and do not consider them out of style.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I agree with pp. I have always thought v neck sweaters are pretty classic. You can try to add a scarf to it, but for me, I just plan to wear my v neck sweaters plain. I got 3 of them last winter and do not consider them out of style.
    Me neither! I love v-neck sweaters, especially the paper-thin merino wool kind you linked too. I'm going to bookmark for when they go on sale! A belt is a great idea for the longer sweaters.

for Sandy Hook

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Classic v-neck sweaters are great, but make sure they are paired with great pants or skirts and shoes, otherwise they can look frumpy. Also, layering over a crisp white tailored shirt is a good look. I don't think they need to be updated, per se, because they have a wonderful classic look. Pairing with a fabulous printed skirt (Boden type) can make them fresher, but also pairing with a pair of classic trousers is good, but then I would probably add some great boots or pumps to bring a little more fashion to the outfit.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think it's a classic look too. I like it w/a thin cami underneith. I think a pair of modern cut trousers and cool boots would make it look more "current". I have a lot of thicker merino v-necks that are on the shorter side. I think the shortness makes them look older. I guess I could wear a longer cami underneith to elongate the look.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard