Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeofUs View Post
    Neti pot. Works wonders when you have a cold.
    I swear by the neti pot - walgreens makes a generic version that comes with a squeeze bottle - easier to use than the kettle IMO.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Neti Pot is good ... a good warm shower. You can put a washcloth into steamy hot water and then wring it out and apply to your face/sinuses to help drainage. Tylenol is good too ... it'll just help calm things down (sinus swelling) and ease your sore throat.

Chicken Noodle soup
    Hot tea with lemon and honey
    Drink tons of water

If you are planning on nursing, your little one will get antibodies via breastmilk to help fight the cold germs. Hopefully you get over the cold before going into labor though!

Feel better!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hanging in there? I'm 38 weeks too!

I had a terrible flu around 11 weeks or so and my OB actually okayed Sudafed! I wouldn't have taken it except NOTHING else worked. And usually the PPs suggestions were more than enough! I literally could.not.sleep and Sudafed saved me. I took only two doses a day--enough to get me congestion free through the night.

Of course, in retrospect I kind of wish I had waited...11 weeks is so critical but at 38 I probably wouldn't worry at all.

I hope the more natural methods work for you but if not, Sudafed was the answer for me!

GL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2