Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Menstrual Cup?

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sorry to hijack, but I have been thinking about one of these things.

WRT the pre/post child thing, does it matter if you had a NSVD or a c-section? I guess my question is, if you had a full-term pregnancy, delivered by c-section with minimal to no labor, would you still size up or go with the pre-pregnancy version? Their website says the type of delivery does not matter.....do you ladies who use them agree?

Also, how similar is the experience to using a disposable cup? I had tried one of these (Instead...I think was the name) about 15 years ago, and I liked it ok, but as I recall the cost was high, so I went back to pads/tampons. Now, I really like the idea that the Diva would be reusable (cost + environment).
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by oneontheway View Post
    Sorry this if this is tmi but I was reading on the Lunette website and it said that some people need to remove the cup to defecate. Anyone had to do this? I'm thinking that would be very inconvenient.

I never even new these existed before this post. Where do buy them? I saw Amazon carries them... do you think they are legit?.
    I remove my mooncup. I probably don't "have" to but I do. It is somewhat inconvenient but it comes in and out so fast, and it doesn't really phase me anymore.

I do a buying club through Frontier and got my mooncup super cheap. They carry the Diva Cup and maybe the Lunette, too. I have only seen the Diva cup in my health food store.

I don't remove the cup to poop... never needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by oneontheway View Post
    This sounds a little strange but is there any chance the cup can fall out?
    No, but there have been times that I've laughed so hard that I thought it was going to shoot out... but no. It can't fall out.

Just curious- with so many pros, can you still be intimate with it in as well?

Quote Originally Posted by EQ_Bo_07 View Post
    Just curious- with so many pros, can you still be intimate with it in as well?
    Um, no. It's kinda blocking the whole passageway....
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaSnoo View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but I have been thinking about one of these things.

WRT the pre/post child thing, does it matter if you had a NSVD or a c-section? I guess my question is, if you had a full-term pregnancy, delivered by c-section with minimal to no labor, would you still size up or go with the pre-pregnancy version? Their website says the type of delivery does not matter.....do you ladies who use them agree?

Also, how similar is the experience to using a disposable cup? I had tried one of these (Instead...I think was the name) about 15 years ago, and I liked it ok, but as I recall the cost was high, so I went back to pads/tampons. Now, I really like the idea that the Diva would be reusable (cost + environment).
    I had an early delivery via c section and I still use the second size.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I still used the second size after my c-section... but had to go to the first size after my VBAC! Strange, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaSnoo View Post

I used the Instead years ago (it was light purple, right?). I MUCH prefer the Diva Cup. With the Instead there is still so much waste. With the Diva Cup there is no waste at all, you empty it and stick it back in. Much more environmentally friendly. However I found inserting the Instead easier. It took me a little while to get the hang of inserting the Diva but now it's no problem.

I am pretty sure the Diva Cup holds more. I also am pretty sure that you could have sex while wearing an Instead (but you cannot with the Diva Cup).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4