Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Menstrual Cup?

Default Menstrual Cup?

Just heard about this from a friend. Anyone use these? Pros?Cons? Sounds like a good idea, but is it too good to be true?

I've been using the Diva Cup for 3+ years now (thanks to the ladies here). I will never use anything else. There is a bit of a learning curve to inserting and taking it out, but once you get it, it's a breeze. I haven't purchased feminine products since I bought my Diva.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've been using a Diva cup for about 6 years. It takes a few days to get the hang of it and I highly recommend trimming the stem. By the end of your first period you will probably share my amazement that most woman are still using tampons and pads.

Thanks. Sounds like a good thing to try.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've been using one for years, too. LOVE IT. I use cloth pads for backup, too. I used to use the Diva, but it didn't work for my postpartum for some reason. I switched to the Lunette and like it much better.

VIVA LA DIVA!! I will NEVER use a tampon again. I started using my Diva cup about 4 years ago, and once I got it figured out, I LOVED it. I have had the same box of tampons for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post
    VIVA LA DIVA!! I will NEVER use a tampon again. I started using my Diva cup about 4 years ago, and once I got it figured out, I LOVED it. I have had the same box of tampons for 4 years.

Can I steal "Viva La Diva!!" for my new siggie?

I love my Diva Cup. I had a bit of trouble at first, but now I'm a pro. I didn't like the two folds that they show in the pamphlet. I found another fold online, and since finding it, inserting it is easy-peasy!

I do use a back up pad on my first day, because my flow is pretty rough.

ETA: I hate the word "flow"
    Last edited by artvandalay; 08-30-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post

Love the Diva Cup. Haven't used a tampon in years. I do still use liners though in case I don't insert it well. Sometimes I leak a little bit.

I am thinking about getting the Mirena and one of my concerns is that you can't use the Diva Cup with it.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Ok, not to hijack, but can I ask a question I've always wondered about the Diva? Isn't is totally gross? Not to be too TMI but aren't you essentially taking out a cup full of blood? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have been using the Moon Cup for a couple of months. I am still having some issues as far as the fit, so I think I haven't quite figured it out yet but it is still much better than tampons. I might order the Diva Cup, as it seems to have more love on these boards.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast