Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Menstrual Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    Ok, not to hijack, but can I ask a question I've always wondered about the Diva? Isn't is totally gross? Not to be too TMI but aren't you essentially taking out a cup full of blood? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yep, you are. But you don't have to look at it. :P You can pull it out and immediately dump it into the toilet. Then wipe it out w/some tp and wash it and then there's very little mess.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    Ok, not to hijack, but can I ask a question I've always wondered about the Diva? Isn't is totally gross? Not to be too TMI but aren't you essentially taking out a cup full of blood? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yep, that is precisely what you're doing. It is a little gross to me but not much different than a tampon.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I the Diva cup. I will NEVER go back to tampons.

I have a pretty blue Lunette. It changed my life. Seriously.

I did a lot of research before settling on the Lunette, there are some good sites that compare the cups out there based on volume, stiffness, etc. And it is no more mess than an OB tampon without an applicator, which is what I used to use.

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've been using a Diva cup for over a year now. I remember thinking about it for ages (and ages), finally buying one, and having it sit, unused, for maybe 6 months. Couldn't get up the courage to actually use it. Yes, it intimidated me! Finally made up my mind to use up all my disposable pads and OBs to force myself to use it. There was definitely a learning curve, but that's what my cloth pads were for. Now I wonder why it took me so long, LOL. Diva cup works great for me.

I love viva la Diva ~ great motto!

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post
    VIVA LA DIVA!!
    Hey, that's my line!
    I forged a river in that bitch.

I want to be in a commercial for the diva cup. I want to write sonnets about it. DH does not understand because he hasn't suffered like I have. But I will never go back. Life changing.
    Alicia
    Mama to four amazing children.

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This sounds a little strange but is there any chance the cup can fall out?
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use a diva cup now. Pre-DS I had a Keeper. Both have been great. I don't find it gross at all, but then again, I've been doing this off and on (mostly on) for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by oneontheway View Post
    This sounds a little strange but is there any chance the cup can fall out?
    There are typically two sizes for these sorts of cups, a pre-child an post-child. I suppose if you tried to use the pre-child cup after you had given birth this could be a problem, but if you use the right cup I don't think this could happen unless you were really really lose, and if so you probably have bigger problems.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There are typically two sizes for these sorts of cups, a pre-child an post-child. I suppose if you tried to use the pre-child cup after you had given birth this could be a problem, but if you use the right cup I don't think this could happen unless you were really really lose, and if so you probably have bigger problems.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree that would be a problem! Thanks for the info!
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast