Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Menstrual Cup?

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I appear to be the only one who has had UTI's as a result...I really love my DIVA but after 3 UTI's in a row (and then since I've stopped using it none) I'm pretty sure the DIVA must have been sitting somehow to cause them (which my OB's thinks is probably the issue).

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Tmi

Sorry this if this is tmi but I was reading on the Lunette website and it said that some people need to remove the cup to defecate. Anyone had to do this? I'm thinking that would be very inconvenient.

I never even new these existed before this post. Where do buy them? I saw Amazon carries them... do you think they are legit? Lunette also said that there are unauthorized copies being sold as Lunettes. They had a listing on their website of vendors but I am not familiar with any of the stores.
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by oneontheway View Post
    Sorry this if this is tmi but I was reading on the Lunette website and it said that some people need to remove the cup to defecate. Anyone had to do this? I'm thinking that would be very inconvenient.

I never even new these existed before this post. Where do buy them? I saw Amazon carries them... do you think they are legit? Lunette also said that there are unauthorized copies being sold as Lunettes. They had a listing on their website of vendors but I am not familiar with any of the stores.
    I have never had to remove my Diva for that purpose.

Some health food stores carry them. I bought my Diva at iherb.com about 3 years ago.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I have never had to remove my Diva for that purpose.

Some health food stores carry them. I bought my Diva at iherb.com about 3 years ago.
    Thanks DietCokeLover! Perhaps the issue only arises when people have other issues
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have never had that problem. That would be inconvenient. If you are very constipated, I can imagine a possible issue. I do not have that problem though.

I also got mine from Iherb, it was super cheap at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I have never had that problem. That would be inconvenient. If you are very constipated, I can imagine a possible issue. I do not have that problem though.

I also got mine from Iherb, it was super cheap at the time.
    I'll have to check out Iherb. Thanks!
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry this if this is tmi
    Yes, I do have to remove it. I always had to with my Diva, too. But I have troubles in that department.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry this if this is tmi but I was reading on the Lunette website and it said that some people need to remove the cup to defecate. Anyone had to do this? I'm thinking that would be very inconvenient..
    I do. I'll admit its not very convenient but I'll tell you that the diva's pro's s FAR outweigh the cons. I always had to remove tampons every time I went to teh bathroom. I couldnt stand the ick of a wet string. So I'm saving ALOT $$.

And not having to change tampons w/my kids in the bathroom on outtings is priceless.

I've had a mooncup for 3 years and I love it. I would never go back.

for tmi
    I think if you were really pushing while defecating, you might end up shifting the cup out of it's comfortable position and that is why some remove it. That hasn't been an issue for me. hope that makes sense.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've never had to remove the diva (or the keeper back in the day when I had that one) to poop. If it shifts some I just readjust it.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast