Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Disappointed with Mabel's Labels production and shipping time!

After hearing great things about Mabel's Labels, I placed an order on 8/16/11. My order didn't ship until 8/25/11 and now it is August 31st and it has still not arrived. This means that it is not in time for the first day of school and I had to go ahead and label everything using my usual method - Sharpie marker and my own Brother label maker. At the time that I ordered, the website said that most orders ship within one business day and that due to heavy volume it might take an additional business day to ship. I feel that this delay is really unacceptable - at this point the labels have minimal value to me unless I save them for future years.

I called the customer service and they told me that the standard shipping to the US could take up to 12 days, there was no way to track my package, and that if I wanted a refund I could mark the package "Return to Sender" and that was all that could be done. They are sorry, but they just have a lot of orders at this time of year.

I see that since I called them today they have changed the website to say that it may take 2-4 additional business days to ship your order. I'm pretty disappointed - I feel like these labels are really quite expensive (though I've heard they're very good) and that the company should have used an expedited form of shipping if their production times were significantly delayed - particularly at this critical time of year when customers clearly want labels for back to school.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That's so disappointing, especially these days that we're used to Zappos and amazon.com ship speeds! I hope they arrive soon and that the company gives you a credit or partial refund.

for Sandy Hook

That is disappointing.

My package from them took about a month -- and that was in June (the labels were for camp). I called and said I never received them, so they actually overnighted them to me (after processing, so it took 2-3 days). I received the original order several days after the second order. They didn't charge me for the second (copy) order. I was so happy with them after that. I guess they probably aren't able to do that for every one ordering for school.

On the flipside, they are GREAT labels.
    Allison
    DS 06/02
    DS 03/04
    DS 08/07
    DD 04/12

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am soo glad I didn't order from then because I would've ordered around the same time that you did. I ended up ordering from Name Bubbles which took about 10 days. vs. about 3, but at least they arrived in time for school to start (which was this past Monday) and they are so much cuter than Mabels IMHO.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They do take a while. Mine took about 3 weeks and I used a Groupon. I think the Canadian Postal Strike had something to do with it in my case.

But I do love the labels....

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

FWIW, I had faster service (but not FAST) with Name Bubbles. I have ordered both and think they are very comparable.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.