Default Seen these? Heart 4 Heart dolls at Target

I was wandering through the toy section at target the other day and spotted some really pretty dolls I'd never seen before:

http://www.hearts4heartsgirls.com/

They caught my eye because one was Indian and the extra outfit was a sari/chai tea set. I picked this one up (there was only one and i was worried they wouldn't be restocked) & the outfit. I'll probably give it to my neice for christmas ...if *i* can part with it

i really like the ethiopian doll too...and belarusse's extra outfit (a nightgown). i haven't opened and inspected (present), but the quality seems really good. the price is a little high for a target doll, but they seem pretty special to me, and some of the money goes to humanitarian efforts.

possible these will go on clearance eventually...but i didn't want to risk it for something i knew i wanted as a gift

it can be tricky to find nice ethnic dolls so i thought i'd post about these

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I saw those at BJs - around $25 I think? And thought they were cute. Too bad my girls don't like dolls much!

i think they were 27.99 for the doll, and it was about 18 for the outfit (the nightgowns are cheaper-- 13 i think?)

i thought for the novelty/quality the price was fair. better on clearance of course

They have very pretty faces. Thinking I might want to get one for DD for Christmas. I just showed them to her and she liked Nahji.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

They are pretty... but doesn't it seem like they all have the exact same face? Just with different skin tones and eye color. I was comparing nose, eye shape and proportions and they seem identical to each other.

I'm not sure how much that would matter to me if I had a child of the appropriate age. But you'd think that since their point is girls from all over the world, they would differentiate racial features like nose and eye shape. Interesting.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009