Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Talking just got the best email from HA...(update #15)

announcing they're opening a new store in my local mall and are looking to hire. OMG, i can't believe Hanna will only be 15 min drive away! Uh-oh, i'm trouble!!

previously the closest store was a 45 minute drive, so i didn't go often. But now...eek!! I am going to have to really restrain myself here!!!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 09-16-2011 at 04:51 PM.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    announcing they're opening a new store in my local mall and are looking to hire. OMG, i can't believe Hanna will only be 15 min drive away! Uh-oh, i'm trouble!!

previously the closest store was a 45 minute drive, so i didn't go often. But now...eek!! I am going to have to really restrain myself here!!!
    I got that too and thought of you It will be the reverse for me (I live about 20 minutes from the current store) so I doubt I will ever go to the new store.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That's awesome! I think you should apply to work there part time. It would be the perfect way for you to get back in the work force part time, and get discounts on cool clothes! My nearest Hanna with traffic (and the only one in Southern California) is 40 or so minutes from me, the next nearest Hanna is 375 or so miles away in San Jose.

I would be happy with a Hanna outlet in So Cal somewhere though!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I know the email you're talking about! I'm trying to figure out where you'd live though, where the new store is 15 minutes away, but the old one is 45 minutes away. (And not really trying to figure out where you live in a stalker-ish way, just in a "where in the metroplex would that be" kind of way!)

Yay! How awesome. I wonder what the employee discount is like there.

I'm patiently waiting for a similar email to appear in my inbox about a Hanna outlet opening in SoCal (pretty please?)

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Got a similar email for a new store here in Indiana Can't wait!!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Got it too and was thinking the exact same thing. 15 mins. I'm in trouble.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

That's not fair that you get another store and my closest is still 2 1/2 hours
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    That's awesome! I think you should apply to work there part time. It would be the perfect way for you to get back in the work force part time, and get discounts on cool clothes! My nearest Hanna with traffic (and the only one in Southern California) is 40 or so minutes from me, the next nearest Hanna is 375 or so miles away in San Jose.

I would be happy with a Hanna outlet in So Cal somewhere though!
    You know, the thought of that actually crossed my mind for a second (right now i'd give my right arm to get out of the house and actually interact with other adults!) but then i thought it probably wouldn't be worth it (financially) since i'd have to pay for daycare for 2 LOs (i dont think i could swing it any other way, we have no family in town, and my DH just travels SO much these days and often has to work weekends too ).
    but i agree, it would be really cool!

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    You know, the thought of that actually crossed my mind for a second (right now i'd give my right arm to get out of the house and actually interact with other adults!) but then i thought it probably wouldn't be worth it (financially) since i'd have to pay for daycare for 2 LOs (i dont think i could swing it any other way, we have no family in town, and my DH just travels SO much these days and often has to work weekends too ).
    but i agree, it would be really cool!
    I had the exact same thought, remembering what you posted a while back about this topic. Maybe they'd take super part-time (like 10 hours a week)? But the real reason it doesn't make sense financially is that you'd spend your whole check!

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast