Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

The answer is probably yes, but are you eating enough fats? I need a high fat/high protein start to my day while pg and breastfeeding or else I feel like I never get on top of my appetite. If I start with eggs, cheese, sausage + 2 drinks (water, juice, milk, hot choc) then I can make it a few hours to a snack, then settle into something more reasonable the rest of the day.

I also did not lose weight and gained while bf-ing my first Ds. He also didn't really eat any measurable amount of solids until after 9mo. He was keen on tasting, but not eating any volume. Sigh. Eating and weight loss went better with Ds2 but I think that was also related to my stress levels (lower with Ds2) and sleep deprevation (also better with Ds2).

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you're getting headaches, I'd try drinking TONS more water. I used to get that in the beginning (even though I'm a pretty good water drinker) and after my midwife suggested extra water, it worked for me.

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

yeah my first thought was to make sure you are drinking enough water... feeling hungry is sometimes your body actually telling you it needs hydration. I also agree with the others to make sure you have lots of protein. As long as you are eating healthy ... whole grains, lean proteins, vegetables, fruit you should be fine. If your DD isn't showing signs of being ready to eat solids there is no reason to rush into it. You can always give it a try and see how she does ... if she isn't ready you can always wait for a few weeks and then try again. Hope your hunger slows down! Try to enjoy the exclusive nursing while it lasts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2