Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Unpopular opinions

I think Kanye West is a genius. His talent and intelligence are more important than him being a twit.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that here but anyone have equally improbable opinions to share??
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I like rap -- I think Eminem is very clever lyrically.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Re. Kanye. Talented, indeed. I try and put aside that he's an egotistical jerk (or at least does a good job portraying one to the media). eta- Eminem too!

I'm sure I have plenty of them an other posters will probably say them.

Unpopular per this board- bring on the plastic toys. Batteries? Not an issue either!

Beth

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love rap music. Love Eminem and Kayne, and many others. I just love to listen to Busta Rhymes to just see if I can understand what he's saying....it awes me to hear a person talk so fast. Here's a video of him rapping with Chris Brown, you can cut in at 1:35 and get to Busta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyLR4NfMiI

I also love tv. So do my kids. We aren't couch potatoes, and it's not on ALL day - but when it is, it's HGTV, the FoodNetwork, or Disney/Nick Jr/etc.
    Last edited by lhafer; 09-08-2011 at 11:18 AM.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

nice thread.

let's see here..

i don't have an issue with plastic toys

i buy prepackaged foods sometimes and use paper plates when i'm swamped (which seems pretty often these days!)

i think PBS Kids TV is the best.invention.ever. DS loves Dinosaur Train and Sesame Street. Sometimes its the only way i can eat a meal.

and we (DH & I) love TV too. we have one in our bedroom, and usually watch at least an hour a night in bed. usually more during the season. bring it on.

i buy/drink lots of water bottles. though i keep meaning to get Sparkletts or whatever service so i don't have to buy as many

i tend to often ignore that "for 3 and up" warning on many toys. DS doesn't put stuff in his mouth anymore (unless he knows its food). plus, IMO that warning is soooo overused. I just bought a Thomas DVD had that 3+ choking hazard warning. WTF? how do you choke on a DVD, or even the case?

oh, and I love, LOVE that show "Two and Half Men". Yes, vulgar and crass but freakin' HILARIOUS. I'm sad Charlie Sheen went psycho and wont' be on the show anymore. I'm sure it won't be the same.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 09-08-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Mean kids come from mean parents.

Seeing it first hand in kindergarten.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post

The apple never falls far from the tree, unfortunately.

I'm OK with my kids watching the news and TV in general. I'd never get a shower otherwise.

My kids love activities, lots of 'em. Bring on the schedule. They want more, we are always saying no to adding stuff.

My girls know the words to most AC/DC and Nickleback songs (thanks DH). Ditto Glee songs.

Oh, and my girls yoga pants.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Homework is a bad idea altogether in grade school.

More recess is better.

If my kid isn't cold, he doesn't need a jacket.

Catherine

ETA. Oh, and unpopular here--holding my kid back a year before starting K was a good thing for him and for his teachers and classmates.

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post

I am really starting to believe this.

Catherine

1. I'm ok with my kids watching tv. I try to limit it, but honestly, I don't know what I would do without it. Same thing with videogames.

2. This one is very unpopular but I believe picky eaters are partly the parents' fault. Giving them so many choices, always asking them what they want to eat, and giving up when a child says he/she does not like something, limits the foods they are exposed to and therefore the foods they like.

3. I also believe Eminem is a genius.

4. I dislike children's menus in restaurants.

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast