Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Amy, I'm with you on all of that. And I'm pretty particular about what my kids wear, but my 16 month DD is wearing this onesie tucked into these knit pants and it is frickin' adorable. Please don't judge her for her mom's fashion sense!

Oh, and to the PP who thinks BBBers pay $40-60 for these outfits, I say: . That's for those full price moms, not us!

for Sandy Hook

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BayGirl2 View Post
    OK, there's some good stuff here. Just a couple:

I think a lot of parents FF early and do other less safe stuff bc they are too lazy to do the research to figure out what's best. I believe as parents its our responsibility to use the information available to make smart decisions for our kids.

Wow, that is a bit judgy! I know we are all here to vent it out, but this is a bit of a jump in terms of connecting dots.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    I read this yesterday and loved it. It's probably why it's been on my mind! It refreshing that so many BBB mamas agree (though I have had to sit on my hands when reading some school related threads in the past...).

Hmmm....guess I have to think of a less popular opinion now...
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by BelleoftheBallFlagstaff View Post
    I am spiritual, but believe organized religion is the cause of many issues. The what I believe is right and what you believe is wrong thing. The lack of tolerance and exclusion. So if the Muslim kid in Iraq was born to different parents, in a different place he would go to heaven, but if he dies at 5 years old because he believes what his parent taught him was right will go to hell? Would the Christians born in America be Christian if they were born in Thailand, Japan, Iran ,etc. not likely. So because of where you were born or who you were born to determines going to heaven or hell. All religions believe they are right. Making others wrong. I see too much grey in the world to believe that.
    I consider myself to be Roman Catholic, and struggle immensely with many things taught by the Church. I believe in God, and I believe in Jesus, but I do not believe that others who do not are doomed to hell. I don't even know if I believe in hell. What about all the people who lived before Jesus? If they had to follow certain rules to get into heaven, shouldn't they have known about the rules? Or do they go to Heaven by default? If they didn't have to live a certain way, why do we?
    I don't know if what I believe is right, I only know that is it right for me. I like going to Church. I like being in a monogamous relationship. I like community outreach. I feel peace when I pray. I feel God in my daily life. I feel God strengthens me. And when horrible horrible things happen, I NEED to believe in God.
    I don't mind when other refer to themselves as spiritual, but my *personal* problem with it is this: If I referred to myself as "spiritual", what spirit am I referring to? The holy spirit? The spirit of the world? The spirit of friendship? The spirit of peace? All of the above? I personally would feel the need to define what I believed in a bit further, and that is exactly what religion attempts to do. So I would be right back where I started, trying the best I could to be a good person and believe in something. Even if it was just a religion of one.
    Alicia
    Mama to four amazing children.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by janine View Post
    Wow, that is a bit judgy! I know we are all here to vent it out, but this is a bit of a jump in terms of connecting dots.
    Well, I thought that was less jugdy than plenty of other stuff on is thread, but whatever.

And I wasn't referring to people here, who by definition are here to get info. I am thinking of some specific people IRL who just prefer to do the easiest thing without finding out what might be the best choice for their child. I don't really have a problem with parents making an educated choice regarding safety (rf or otherwise). I have more of a problem with not giving much thought at all to decisions with consequences. And I'm referring to people with the intelligence and access to good information. Who just choose not to bother to think about it. Just annoys me, not supposed to be popular a opinion.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

I love wonderpets.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzona View Post
    I love wonderpets.

Ahhhhhhhhh--that may be the most offensive thing I have read all day!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I love wonderpets.

Catherine

I love wonderpets.

Me too.

And Max and Ruby.
    Alicia
    Mama to four amazing children.

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JoyNChrist View Post

Neither DH or I really believes in monogamy.

Not something either of us has acted on yet, and maybe neither of us ever will, but...yeah.
    That's a good one...and one I DID NOT see comin'!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast