Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

When we had ants in our kitchen last month, I called an exterminator. No natural remedies for me--I wanted the ants OUT. I'll take my chances with the poison!
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

I'm OK with:

TV (any shows designed for kids and in addition, my older kids watch glee, bravo, etc.)
    Bikinis with decent coverage
    Pretty much any song on the radio
    Barbies
    Scheduled activities
    Gas guzzling SUVs
    Bottled water

Hmmmm...I'm sure there is more...
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Jason has a TV in his room and I refuse to feel guilty about it. Sometimes I let him fall asleep watching it b/c it's about the only way to keep him in bed without actually sitting in there with him.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post
    Mean kids come from mean parents.

Seeing it first hand in kindergarten.
    Amen sister. I have witnessed it now for over 4 grades and they just seem to get worse.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

I don't like long hair on women after a certain age. And when I say long, I mean past the shoulders, half way down the back.

I am also not a fan of gray hair on younger women. Dye it! I do!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaTC View Post
    I don't like long hair on women after a certain age. And when I say long, I mean past the shoulders, half way down the back.
    I agree with this.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicsmom View Post

2. This one is very unpopular but I believe picky eaters are partly the parents' fault. Giving them so many choices, always asking them what they want to eat, and giving up when a child says he/she does not like something, limits the foods they are exposed to and therefore the foods they like.

See that's funny because my unpopular opinion is the exact opposite. If my child doesn't want to eat something, I won't force him. I didn't like most veggies as a kid and I grew to like them on my own and now I'm not picky at all. This isn't a battle I'm picking.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    See that's funny because my unpopular opinion is the exact opposite. If my child doesn't want to eat something, I won't force him. I didn't like most veggies as a kid and I grew to like them on my own and now I'm not picky at all. This isn't a battle I'm picking.
    In my case, there is no battle because my kids eat everything. Well, DS1 eats everything and DS2 is a bit more selective but eats foods that most kids would not. When they have said they don't like something I ask them to at least try it (and I'll ask them to try it again in other occassions, not just once, because I read that it takes something like 7-8 tries to develop a taste for something). That's where my opinion comes from. I think my opinion is unpopular because most of my friends always ask their children what they want to eat for every meal and snack, and I'm the kind of mother who cooks for the whole family and the kids have to eat what is on the table. We all eat the same thing - no special food for the kids. And I've found this to be very uncommon.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicsmom View Post
    In my case, there is no battle because my kids eat everything. Well, DS1 eats everything and DS2 is a bit more selective but eats foods that most kids would not. When they have said they don't like something I ask them to at least try it (and I'll ask them to try it again in other occassions, not just once, because I read that it takes something like 7-8 tries to develop a taste for something). That's where my opinion comes from. I think my opinion is unpopular because most of my friends always ask their children what they want to eat for every meal and snack, and I'm the kind of mother who cooks for the whole family and the kids have to eat what is on the table. We all eat the same thing - no special food for the kids. And I've found this to be very uncommon.

I have one kid who eats EVERYTHING and one who is very very picky. I did the same for both. I tell them what dinner is. DD just eats it. DS will ask for a different protein or to have his sans sauce, breading etc.... I'm ok with that b/c he will eat at least part of what was made for the family and I only have to now alter the protein for him (but it's not a totally different meal for him).

I am OK with TV
    I am OK with McD's if we are in a rush (or as a special treat--but this is not that often)
    I'm ok with plastic toys and batteries
    I'm ok with allowing DS to play Wii
    I'm ok that I redshirted DS (even though it's probably one of the most hotly debated topics these days)
    If the kids are not cold they do not need a coat
    I'm ok with barbie etc... type of toys
    I'm ok with ninja fighting toys (shows)
    I'm ok with Spongebob
    I'm ok with breakfast for dinner (not cereal, but eggs, toast etc...)
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Love Eminem and Jay Z (concert last year in Detroit was one of my favorite nights in my life). Kanye, The Game, Biggie and Dre too. I am always impressed with the poetry of rap. It is more than the rhyming, it's the command of the language, ability to tell a story and crazy analogies ("I pack heat like the oven door.")

Cool with tv as well. Personally, MTV Challenges are my favorite nights of the week.

DS is in the second week of K, and I wish I redshirted him.

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast