Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Well, and on the loot thing. I always feel bad for the kids whose parents cannot do this. We have kids on free lunch at our school. Their parents cannot afford to be doing goody bags. I still feel sad for the little boy who was an ESL student in ds' K class who did not have a Halloween costume to wear for the parade. DS refused to wear his so his classmate wouldn't be the only one without a costume.
    This made me tear up. What a sweet kid you have.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I cannot stand skinny jeans. Especially on men, and most of all, on babies and toddlers. Oh, and something called "jeggings" will never make it into my home.
    Count me in on this. Even on women, one must be extremely thin, yet also shapely, to pull off skinny jeans. Most people either look fat in them or like skinny drowned rats.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    Count me in on this. Even on women, one must be extremely thin, yet also shapely, to pull off skinny jeans. Most people either look fat in them or like skinny drowned rats.
    I thought hipsters are trying to look like skinny drowned rats?
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I thought hipsters are trying to look like skinny drowned rats?
    Very possible, but then I'm certainly not a hipster.

Besides, I feel like a schlub all the time because maternity clothes suck!
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    K, lemme pipe in cuz this is good for me to understand. Unlike bday parties, which we've already establsihed that I unpopularly expect reciprocation to, I do make goodie bags for Vday and Halloween but do NOT expect reciprocation. I just get alot of joy out of doing it. I do not want to make people feel inadequate, i do not want to foist a BOC upon the parents, and I do not want to communicate that I'm better than you. I ENJOY doing them and want DS to share something with his classmates that will cost me $20 or $30 bucks. Now, I have usually done play-doh and hersheys, but I've since stopped the minis for fear of FA issues and did no candy last year. Struggling to find new candy for the baggie. All that to say, what is it about getting these irks you? I wanna know so i can consider it for my future endeavors. I am not being snarky or ANYTHING, I truly want to know where you are coming from before I engage in this for Halloween (not to mention DS's bday on thursday, but I probably am gonna skip it).
    What erks me is I feel like in our school district it is a one upmanship. It started off at halloween last year as one kids giving out pencils and stickers, at christmas about half the class gave everyone gifts, at valentines day everyone but us gave gifts, many of them wrapped, not in a goodie bag. The letter from the teacher said valentines only in bold, so that is what I did. then in the spring the same parent who started doing this brought in additional (and different) favors for everyone in the class on her DD birthday - which would have been fine except everyone in the class was at her birthday a few days before and already received different favors. So everyone started doing this.

That being said, I did buy the smencil deal at amazon recently with the idea of giving it to DD's classmates. This year her teacher specifically said to celebrate Bdays, holidays, eyt, no food, but pencils and stickers were allowed to be exchanged.

It boils down to I follow the rules, the other parents in my district don't...

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JoyNChrist View Post
    I missed this question. Glad I shocked at least a few people, lol.

In short, I think sex is fun. I don't think it has to be all emotional and life-changing, just fun. And if I can have fun with other people doing things like going to the movies, having dinner, etc (specifically with other men - I have a lot of male friends and DH is probably the least jealous man on the planet), then sex is on the table too.

Like I said, we've never acted on it, but we both agree that if at some point in the future either of us feels the need to try it, we have that option. To me, a marriage is so much more than sex - it's the whole life we've built together, all the things we share - that is seems weird that sex is the one thing that is off-limits.

I would be MUCH more upset by an emotional affair than a physical one. As long as DH is honest with me about things, and as long as he's keeping me the number one priority in his life and the one person who he really shares all of his emotions and worries and fears and future with, if he ever felt the need just to try something different in bed, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Of course, I should add that we're both kind of shy, and I for one am a huge scaredy-cat (and we really didn't have very colorful sexual histories before we met and married young), so maybe that's why we both believe this in theory but have yet to put it into practice.
    That is super awesome. I need to get DH to read this and see the wisdom

Thank you for sharing!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    You are my new best friend. They are stupid and should be eaten for dinner. All they do is poop in lakes and close beaches. Stupid birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by tylersmama View Post

I am known amongst my friends for my...um...issues with the fricking geese. I despise them. They are horrible, dirty, disgusting birds. I'm the crazy woman who has spent the last four years looking like I'm drunk while running with the Chariot and riding my bike, all because I'm desperately trying to avoid stepping on goose poop or squishing it with the tires. Blech.
    I HATE Canadian geese. They are seriously taking over our neighborhood in Florida. Apparently, the decided they liked it here year round. In addition to pooping everywhere, they are very aggressive when we go to feed ducks (sometimes hissing and scaring the kids) and often just walk in front of cars expecting them to stop.

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love this thread so much. Thanks OP!!!!

Here's my really unpopular opinion:

----
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people get all up in arms about car seat safety and eating organic food. Yet these are the same people who turn a blind eye on child sexual abuse.

What irks me is that because I've spent 10+ years working/ volunteering in the field, I'm so much more aware of the statistics and such - and when I try to raise awareness amongst what seems to be educated and knowledgeable moms, they prefer to mock me by using exaggerated versions of my words.

Do people really prefer to turn a blind eye to things they are not comfortable with?

I wonder why it is?
    Oh well.

----

Some more:

--
    I love FRIENDS. Sometimes I need brainless entertainment and that's what it is for. However, I do not understand the GLEE hype, either.

--
    I never understand how easily people resort to divorce. Compromise seems to be a lost art here. **Living** with another human being is of course going to require some compromise on your part. Why is divorce the answer to everything?
    (Not talking about those who get divorced after abuse, cheating etc. of course. There ARE plenty of valid reasons for divorce. I can't understand not adjusting at least a little bit.)

Bash away

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like my skinny jeans. I also like them on my little boys.

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hey Melbel, I saw a dead goose on the side of the road last night. On Southside Blvd, near Tinseltown. One less nasty beast to terrorize you.

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast