Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Check out this paperdoll kit!

I loved paperdolls as a kid, so I'm kind of obsessed with this kit:

http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/...071295488.html

If only DD wasn't like 3 years too young for it. Somebody buy this! Maybe my niece would like it for Christmas...
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Those are really cute! I always loved paper dolls, too, but for my DDs...I love magnetic dress-up dolls even more!

DD#1 got this set at 2y (with bears instead of dolls):
    http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Wooden-M.../dp/B000I64DYU

and a set similar to this one at 4y (except with 3 dolls and even more outfits):
    http://www.amazon.com/Shure-976-Dais...5705953&sr=1-1

DDs and I love both sets! (And I highly recommend this brand!)
    Last edited by mommytoC; 09-10-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    A, mommytoC (DD#1, born 11/05)...and to K (DD#2, born 4/09)!

We have M&D Maggie Leigh now but I think I like those Shure sets. How long did your 4 yo play with them?
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    We have M&D Maggie Leigh now but I think I like those Shure sets. How long did your 4 yo play with them?
    She still does...the dolls are standing up in her dollhouse right now. DD#1 tends to prefer the doll's "fancy dress", but I love that they've got a variety of outfits
    and accessories, just like her! She played with the bear set a lot, until receiving the dolls. (Recently, though, DD#2 "discovered" the bears, and much prefers them.)
    Last edited by mommytoC; 09-10-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mommytoC View Post
    DD#1 got this set at 2y (with bears instead of dolls):
    http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Wooden-M.../dp/B000I64DYU
    DDs and I love both sets! (And I highly recommend this brand!)
    MommytoC, what types of outfits do the bears have? This set looks like something my DD would love!

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

stacy, did you make your own clothes for them?? i used to *love* making paper doll clothes, and these would have been good for that with their hands away from their bodies.

if anyone doesn't know how, let me know & i'll do a written tutorial!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_pea View Post
    MommytoC, what types of outfits do the bears have? This set looks like something my DD would love!
    A really nice variety - several casual skirts/pants sets, a pair of overalls, several dressy (including ballerina and fairy) sets, a bee costume, a bathrobe, swimsuits, raincoats + coordinating (or not, LOL!) hats and shoes. There are 2 pairs of sunglasses, too.

HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by karstmama View Post
    stacy, did you make your own clothes for them?? i used to *love* making paper doll clothes, and these would have been good for that with their hands away from their bodies.

if anyone doesn't know how, let me know & i'll do a written tutorial!
    Yep! Out of the big JCPenney catalogs.

This set has templates to trace and cut out extra clothes for them. I kind of want it for me, lol.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Quote Originally Posted by mommytoC View Post
    A really nice variety - several casual skirts/pants sets, a pair of overalls, several dressy (including ballerina and fairy) sets, a bee costume, a bathrobe, swimsuits, raincoats + coordinating (or not, LOL!) hats and shoes. There are 2 pairs of sunglasses, too.

HTH!
    Thanks! Sounds like fun!

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

oh, i'd take the doll and trace the parts that needed to fit (shoulder, wrist, legs, for instance), then take the doll off and draw in the rest of the puffy blouse and jeans, then make tabs, color it & cut it out!

hmm, cutting out from penney's sounds like both less work and more frustration because they don't all stand in quite the same way, darnit. but i'd have tried it if i'd thought of it!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast