Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default 09/12/2011 Weekly Clean Sweep Challenge

Many of us do not have hours a week to devote to clean sweeping our homes. We thought we would start a weekly thread where we can list the one thing we're going to do that week. The idea is that over a number of weeks, we'll got things tidied up. It'll be like the weekly check-in on the Mommy Fit forum.

We'll start a new thread on Mondays and if you want to participate, reply with the item on your To Do List that you want to get done by the following Monday. Post back when you've completed your job. If you want to take on another one for the week, then add it to your reply.

It can be as big or as small a project as you like. If like me you don't have a lot of free time, break bigger projects into smaller parts. If you know you'll have a busy week, then choose something that won't take too long, eg. clean out purse. Have more time this week, then add something bigger, tidy up garage.

The idea is to just DO something that you've been meaning to do, but never get to it.
    Last edited by niccig; 09-12-2011 at 04:00 AM.

My job for this week is to clean everything out of my closet that is not clothing/shoes/handbag. My closet floor is the junk pile in the house.

Note. I did not say I'm going to purge any clothes that no longer fit. I just want to get rid of non-clothing items, so I can actually get to my clothes! I'll purge another day. It should only take me about an hour to clean out the closet floor.
    Last edited by niccig; 09-12-2011 at 03:59 AM.

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well this weekend I did ALL of our filing, got rid of 2 garbage bags of junk and so now I just need to go through one box of old clothes, dust my bedside table and go through one small box of odds and ends. I need to send my tax stuff. I HOPE to do the master bath BUT doubt that will happen I am traveling for 3 days this week for work.

I felt SO great finishing up the filing, it meant I could put my clothes rack in the office nook off the master bed and out of DS2's room
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I need to get all of the baby items out of DD1s closet to prep for DD2s arrival.

Organizing DD2s closet will have to wait for another week.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well, before I read this thread, I worked for an hour getting to the floor of our mudroom/laundryroom/playroom. (B/c you know, every room is a something/playroom, right?) That room is really bothering me.

-in my concrete random way, I will list the tasks
    1. clean spotty FLOR tiles (doing the first one now - soaking in the bathtub)
    2. Gorilla Glue the futon back together (silly jumping kids)
    3. clean bugs out of light fixture/dust fan
    4. Rit color remover on basket of pink clothes
    5. call Britax to get replacement foam/reassemble Marathon (yes, a squirrel ate the crumbs/foam when the seat was in the carport one day)
    6. scrape caulk off old exterior (now interior, well 5 years ago they were new) windows
    7. repair screen where kids ripped it/put screens away
    8. clean DS2's fresh from this morning crayon marks off the window
    9. paint trim of old exterior windows
    10. clean/paint door jambs to kitchen/carport
    11. replace door weatherstripping

Man, this actually seems like a month's worth, but I'm going to try.

I have to
    -consolidate the baby/toddler clothes I'm selling (I have 4 boxes out)
    -get the house vacuumed
    -mop the floors.

Better start now!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I've already started the laundry room and will finish today for sure. It's about a 2 hour job total and is generating a lot of trash as it's where I stash things that need to be thrown out when the kids aren't looking

I'll add another though. I'll do DS1's closet shelf. It has crazy things up there right now! It's a quick job - maybe 45 minutes.
    Kris

I would like to at least *try* to get the replacement parts we need for our futon so we can put it back together and get the futon mattress off the floor.

I also need to get the house looking decent for family coming next week (and find somewhere to hide all the extra strollers).

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'll play! I need some motivation, and accountability.

I need to sell some stuff, on CL and BBB. Hopefully I can get it all together, get pics, and get it posted this week! This has been on my list for WEEKS.

Boots
    Purse
    Jeans (maybe, might give to friend but either way they're outta here)
    Balance Bike
    Love seat
    exercise bike
    (Jeez, it's not even that much stuff. I'm so lazy!)

Also I need to wash the windows of the house. I so much don't want to. So actually it's either wash them or get someone out here to wash them.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Can *I* cross off things that DH did today?

He took a personal day, in between projects at work, and he took apart the sandbox that DS hasn't played in in years. Then he crawled under the house and with me outside we replaced the hood on the dryer vent. It couldn't be done entirely from outside as it was stuck on a beam and needed someone to guide it from the inside.

Two more things of my list - I say "my" as in I keep the to do lists, but they were DH's jobs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast