Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

hmm. maybe go through ds's closet & rearrange his waiting-to-be-worn stuff? i have a stepsis with slightly older boys who is very generous with hand-me-downs, and i love them but he'll never wear them all...

and 2, write on the back of pictures. it's a great thing to do but i procrastinate soooo bad!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I need to:
    - clean off my dresser
    - start moving office files to dining room to purge

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tear out the petunias in the front bed and weed.
    Update my contacts and info for subbing.
    Bag up Goodwill items and drop off.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well last week I went through all of my baby boy clothing age 0-18 mo. and passed all of it (including shoes) to a friend of mine. That felt great! This week I am trying to find fall/winter things to fit DD from the stash of hand-me-downs and clearanced items I've bought and pack up all of the rest that isn't going to work.

That said, this week I really am hoping to clear off my kitchen countertops from all of the paper, random small toys, and magazines that have permanently affixed themselves to my kitchen.
    K

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I've already started the laundry room and will finish today for sure. It's about a 2 hour job total and is generating a lot of trash as it's where I stash things that need to be thrown out when the kids aren't looking

I'll add another though. I'll do DS1's closet shelf. It has crazy things up there right now! It's a quick job - maybe 45 minutes.
    I'm running out of week!

My laundry room looks fabulous!

I haven't gotten to the closet shelf. That might happen tomorrow morning instead.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeofUs View Post
    I have to
    -consolidate the baby/toddler clothes I'm selling (I have 4 boxes out)
    -get the house vacuumed
    -mop the floors.

Better start now!

Okay, I didn't mop the floors, but that's because it's been raining so much and we've all been sick.

I did consolidate clothes, vacuumed the house (twice!) and got one of my walls cleaned off where the kids had been tearing up the 100-year-old wallpaper. *sigh* I think that my kids and old houses don't mix.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Well, I never did anything about my broken futon, but my living room is looking a lot better so I'm happy about that. I also re-organized the gift closet and put some of DS's outgrown toys in storage, which I have been wanting to do for ages. And I made a commitment to start selling strollers. So a good cleaning week over all. Thanks for the inspiration!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I need to:
    - clean off my dresser
    - start moving office files to dining room to purge
    We had a sudden drop in temps here so I've been madly trying to get some cold weather clothes out to wash. Had an awful time getting DS1 to try on clothes but finally had success when it was bedtime and he wanted to stay up later. He was so willing to try on clothes if it meant staying up later so we made it through quite a pile last night. Hoping he'll be as cooperative this evening.

Getting off my computer now so I can clear off the top of my dresser.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Well, before I read this thread, I worked for an hour getting to the floor of our mudroom/laundryroom/playroom. (B/c you know, every room is a something/playroom, right?) That room is really bothering me.

-in my concrete random way, I will list the tasks
    1. clean spotty FLOR tiles (doing the first one now - soaking in the bathtub)
    2. Gorilla Glue the futon back together (silly jumping kids)
    3. clean bugs out of light fixture/dust fan
    4. Rit color remover on basket of pink clothes
    5. call Britax to get replacement foam/reassemble Marathon (yes, a squirrel ate the crumbs/foam when the seat was in the carport one day)
    6. scrape caulk off old exterior (now interior, well 5 years ago they were new) windows
    7. repair screen where kids ripped it/put screens away
    8. clean DS2's fresh from this morning crayon marks off the window
    9. paint trim of old exterior windows
    10. clean/paint door jambs to kitchen/carport
    11. replace door weatherstripping

Man, this actually seems like a month's worth, but I'm going to try.
    Ummm, I finished soaking that one FLOR tile and found another that had syrup spilled on it. 10 more tasks to go.

I did manage to get all the summer/winter clothes switched out/put into drawers after the boys' closet rod-hanger broke.
    I don't have any kid-free time. Maybe getting a babysitter to come would be helpful.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ok, let's see:

Stuff to sell/CL:
    Boots (Took pics need to send out)
    Purse (Took pics need to send out)
    Jeans (gave to friend, they are going to live in HI )
    Balance Bike (gone to PastryGirl! )
    Love seat (did nothing)
    exercise bike (did nothing)
    Wasn't on list but need to sell P&T stroller and that is gone!

Also I need to wash the windows of the house. (Did whole first floor (well, almost done!!). What a PITA, they are the windows that can open into the house for "easy cleaning; HAHAHA and three popped out of the track - one is laying on the floor now!!! Lots of swearing involved... getting to the top panes is a two person job. So I do inside top/bottom and outside bottom, then DH helps with outside top. But man, they were so dirty. It was gross. I washed w/soapy water, used squeegee and then windexed. They are sparkly clean now! Have to work on 2nd floor at some point!)
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast