maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default 9/12 South Beach Low Carb check-in!

How's everyone doing? Since I reached my goal weight, I decided to weigh myself every two weeks, so I'm skipping this week

I decided to skip starch at meals when I can, so I don't have to worry when I eat out, or over agonize it. Also helps when i want dessert, although I have to be careful, esp. now that it's getting chilly out!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

7 lbs down! I'm excited. I'd like to loose 5-8 lbs more. I feel so much better since getting rid of the sugar. And despite being a carb freak I really haven't missed the carbs.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Still at the 10 lb lost mark for me. I'm thrilled that it's staying off

I'd like to lose another 5 I think, but I'm ok right now.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I've finished Phase 1 and now onto Phase 2. I'm keeping it to one carb and one fruit a day. I've adapted to breakfast and lunch being no carb, so I'll think I'll keep it that way. Dinner is more difficult, esp. when out with friends.

I'm down about 6lbs - that's after doing phase 1, 2 week break as too many social outings and put on some weight, and Phase 1 again. I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs total. I need to start up exercising, as that should help move things along.

I've found that if I haven't eaten enough calories or tired/too hungry, then more likely to get some carby as it's easy. I have to be better about making sure I eat at regular intervals.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm still at the same weight, even after having our huge BBQ and eating pretty much everything around me! I'm sticking to one carb and one fruit a day too, but usually my carb is at breakfast since I don't eat eggs. I like the blueberry bran high fiber muffins from TJ's. They're 10 or 12 carbs I think since they have a ton of fiber. I also like the TJ's high fiber cereal that has a similar amount of carbs due to it's high fiber count as well. We go out to eat once a week usually and if I know in advance I'll plan my day to eat my carbs then. Like this weekend we went to this make your own burger place and I had my burger with the bun and ate some fries! If I eat a burger at In-N-Out though I get it protein style without the bun. So far so good!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)