Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

LOL, that's a kid palate for you. Did anyone watch the Jammie Oliver where he showed them how chicken nuggets were made (including grinding up the bones/tendons/blood vessels - ACK) , with them all gagging, and then once they were cooked, all the kids wanted them??

Applegate and Bell and Evan are both good. I'm pretty sure they are both whole pieces of chicken.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Maybe I am naive but I do think that the Bell and Evans' ones truly are breast meat. They say it is, it looks like it, tastes like it is...

I make mine from scratch though. I often use panko bread crumbs and McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Sometimes I get the coating to stick not with milk but with honey mustard or mayo.

Beth

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am a veg and my kids eat some morningstar farms. But I switched them to Bell & Evans (certified humane plus actual chicken meat not mystery bits) and the kids were OK with it.

The thing to watch out for with Bell and Evans is that some of the nuggets are cooked (more processed) and some are raw chicken (takes longer to cook).

I will NEVER give up Morningstar Farms Chix patties, though, because yum.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I *personally* do not believe soy is healthy for anyone. At least not soy the way we in America eat it.

My kids love Applegate Farms natural chicken nuggets. Antibiotic free and humanely raised certified. White meat chicken breast, breaded with whole wheat, nothing artificial. I buy them at Whole Foods.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I *personally* do not believe soy is healthy for anyone. At least not soy the way we in America eat it.

My kids love Applegate Farms natural chicken nuggets. Antibiotic free and humanely raised certified. White meat chicken breast, breaded with whole wheat, nothing artificial. I buy them at Whole Foods.
    Can you briefly explain the problem with soy? At one point, weren't people saying that it was good for you?

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This comes up surprisingly often! Here is a thread http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...t=Weston+Price
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sntm View Post
    LOL, that's a kid palate for you. Did anyone watch the Jammie Oliver where he showed them how chicken nuggets were made (including grinding up the bones/tendons/blood vessels - ACK) , with them all gagging, and then once they were cooked, all the kids wanted them??.
    I did! Funny and horrifying!
    My baby boy is 3!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2